Revolution Games

So I recently acquired a Revolution from a friend, and I'm wondering what games are worth getting (aside from Brawl, of course).

I'm taking all opinions and mini-reviews here.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

So, wait.... one is fun, and the other is getting brutally beaten up. so you pick the painful one that nobody even uses? :?
Link. *Disclaimer* The linked website will ruin your life. *Disclaimer*

//End Threadjack
[...] I'm wondering what games are worth getting (aside from Brawl, of course).

"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

No More Heroes. It's...kind of hard to describe, but if you've played SUDA51's other game Killer7 for the GameCube (and you should), you'll get the idea. Kind of a surrealistic parody of games in general, slathered with a ton of lolwut dialogue and other absurdities. The man's games are pretty much like nothing else out there, and definitely worth a playthrough.

Further on down the pike, there's a very unique title in the works by Warren Spector that goes by the name of Epic Mickey. Take the familiar cast of Disney characters, mix in a liberal helping of steampunk, throw in an animated world gone awry, and make the whole thing dark, and you start to get the idea. The early concept art and interviews about this have a lot of people excited, and I for one can't wait to learn more about it.

Oh, and the usual standbys of Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, and Mario Kart Wii are all necessary fare, though I sadly don't yet have any of them except for the last myself. The Wii edition of Resident Evil 4 is another must-buy if you've never played that, though maybe not as much if you already have it for GC or PS2. As far as anything else goes, my lack of a job means I honestly haven't played much for the system, but anything near the top of this list should be good stuff. (Note that there are some WiiWare/Virtual Console titles mixed in there.) There's apparently quite a bit of good stuff coming down the pike for the Wii this upcoming year, though I'm a bit fuzzy on details; poking around GameSpot or the other usual news sites should give you an idea of what to look for.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

I'll check out most of those. :)

Though I already have a copy of Twilight Princess on the GameCube. And, while it isn't a bad game by any means, it doesn't feel like a Zelda game should.

So, wait.... one is fun, and the other is getting brutally beaten up. so you pick the painful one that nobody even uses? :?
Link. *Disclaimer* The linked website will ruin your life. *Disclaimer*
I still don't get it. *shurg*
//End Threadjack
[...] I'm wondering what games are worth getting (aside from Brawl, of course).

anyways, despite not playing the thing much nowdays;

Zack & Wiki (should be about 20p nowadays - puzzle game based around puzzle-solving in the vein of the old lucasarts adventures)

Super Mario Galaxy (d'uh - although individual mileage may vary, as I never actually got round to finishing it. Has the advantage of a stand-off 2nd player mode suitable for the non-game playing wife/girlfriend/significant other)

Endless Ocean (Scuba diving/exploration game mostly based around photographing sea animals. Either the most boring or most relaxing game ever, depending on whatever floats your boat*. Sequel due soon, though)

Excite Truck (racing game based around stupid stunts and jumps... arguably pretty basic, but I got a lot of fun mileage out of it - not sure on the sequel, Excitebots)

*worst pun ever?

[...]

Zack & Wiki (should be about 20p nowadays - puzzle game based around puzzle-solving in the vein of the old lucasarts adventures)

[...]

Endless Ocean (Scuba diving/exploration game mostly based around photographing sea animals. Either the most boring or most relaxing game ever, depending on whatever floats your boat*. Sequel due soon, though)

[...]

*worst pun ever?
1) Is that 20... pence? (Is that how it's spelled?) I'm not really sure as to how much that is. :oops:

2) While certainly mundane, it isn't worthy of any punishment. HEY! THAT ALMOST TOOK MY HEAD OFF! WATCH IT WITH THOSE RO--*BAMF*

::EDITED DUE TO POSSESSED KEYBOARD::
Last edited by BloodEagle on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I own a Wii. And I have to say it really is a lot of fun, despite what "Hardcore" gamers" will say.

I have to say, one to try is Red Steel. If you haven't played it all ready I suggest you give it a try, at least rent it, regardless of what anyone else says. I enjoy that game and so does everyone else I've recommended it to, but if you look around the reviews it is a clearly mixed bag, often being considered mediocre.

But if you can acknowledge it as being a fun game as opposed to an artwork, it more than makes up for it. I just emplore you to make up your own mind.

Where was I, oh yeah, time to get off my box.

Metroid Prime 3
Depends entirely on the style of game you like, but if you think you can enjoy an epic, atmospheric FPS puzzler explorer with plenty of personality detail in spades, I suggest this game. It is possibly one of the best games on the Wii to date, and having played through it several times I would recommend it to anyone, even haters of the series and the console in general. Also, the graphics are utterly brilliant for a console that is looked down on for them.

Twilight Princess
Another favourite of mine that has been recommended on here, this open world fantasy epic is a classic Zelda game through and through, full of immersion and many hours of rich gameplay, this definitely is one to be considered.

SSBB
Brawl is obvious as Brawl is Brawl.

I would also have recommended Medal of Honor Heroes 2, but now that Call of Duty 4 has been released on the Wii, I'm not sure which is the FPS king of multiplayer on the Wii anymore.

And one to look out for in the future

Red Steel 2

No matter what you think/thought of Red Steel, I implore you to look at this. In true Ubisoft style (I'm looking at you, Far Cry 2) It is nothing to do with RS1 and is completely different in play style. It's graphics so far look beautiful and it looks to make perfect use of the new Wii motion Plus addon, which brings realistic Sword Fighting simulation as close as it can get before the matrix is created.

I cant wait for this one.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦