help with single player scripting?

i want to set this up and i havent read the stuff in d3sdk for some time now.

to my understanding, i will need a c++ compiler, but i only remember microsoft visual c++ and another compiler mentioned. are these the only two that work or could one such as....

say dev c++ work?

It probably would, but it would take a bit of setting up to acomplish. The single player scripting is compiled by the sdk it has all the parts in it nessairy to compile D3 Level scripts. (Just read the readme) The only difference is that you put the path in your environment table (assuming you're running XP).
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

The SDK has a complier in it:

Code: Select all

The following is a description of the directory structure found after extracting the D3-SDK. <base-dir> -------- The directory you extracted the SDK to. |-- <bin> -------- Contains some pre-compiled executables which may be useful. | This includes virtualms.exe (Microsoft Visual C/C++ Virtual | Compiler for D3Edit), virtualgcc.exe (EGCS 1.1.2 GNU GCC | [Mingw] Virtual Compiler for D3Edit), and build_script (a useful | script for building OSIRIS scripts in Linux via gcc)
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

True, because he didn't know that the SDK had one in it, (gots to read the readme!)...
-Steven Wright

True, because he didn't know that the SDK had one in it, (gots to read the readme!)...
but apparently i need ANOTHER compiler, d3jake. i never said i did not know the sdk had one. the problem is that the readme simply confuses me.

now i tried to download the egcs one but the link didnt work. i searched around and downloaded something but when i looked at the tutorial for setting up DALLAS, i had decided that i have downloaded the wrong thing!

now i have a headache.

:?
i need help again.

the compiler is supposed to make a dll file out of the cpp file, but i see no dll!

edit: i HATE how windows hides dll files. microsoft was obviously afraid of people deleting critical ones to free up space or something.

well i got a scripted level running now. :)

its papacat's tutorial i think.

theres a bot in front of you and if you ram him the guidebot exclaims that his ai was reactivated.

and then it starts shooting you. you have to kill him :(.
then when he blows up, the level ends.