Kamikaze Insects

A while back, some type of gnat (or something like it) managed to get into my home, and then into my computer room. Somewhere in here there's a nest of the damned things, I'm guessing in the air vent. Regardless, they've taken to killing themselves by diving into my drinks. Stop laughing. They literally land in my drinks and drown to death. After the seventh suicide, or so, you begin to get sick of taking a drink, only to see the floating carcass of a Kami-gnat.

Just thought I'd share that random annoyance with everyone. Now I'm off to pour out my coffee, again.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

We have some mice here sometimes, and do that all the ti-- oh... that kind of gas.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Take a glass, fill it with sugar water. Put plastic wrap over the cup, and poke a tiny hole in it. The bugs will fly in, find the hole, and drown in the cup. After a few days their numbers may decline. Works for me and fruit flies. Not sure about gnats, though.

Well, that's the thing, I don't really know if they're gnats or not. I think they're too big to be gnats, but they're so damned annoying that I think I'll just keep calling them gnats. Regardless, they could be a disease carrying pest, which is why I don't just swallow them for their rich and juicy protein.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

I now have kamikaze insects. Although they've yet to dive into my morning coffee. I just wait for them to fly in front of my screen and clap my hands. Seems to get them.
The Expanse. Watch it!

My cat catches moths in the back garden and brings them to my bedroom to 'play'...
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

My cat catches moths in the back garden and brings them to my bedroom to 'play'...
Mine brought a pidgeon inside the place once. A live pidgeon. That was a nightmare...
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Ours used to bring frogs in to play with. He'd never eat them, just play with them, usually they were alive or half dead. Sometimes we'd find frogs that had died from dehydration behind the furniture, no doubt from where they had been terrified and hiding.
The Expanse. Watch it!