d3 tools

hi, I am new to d3 moding. what tools do I need? what kind of imge files does it take? dds? TGA? 8bit-somthing-or-other? model converters? anything and everything I need to know to mod descent.
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦
Now what am I supposed to put here?

say i have a .dmf file containing a custom ship. how would i get the ship out of the .dmf file and convert it to a different format, and through a series of conversions get it into fs2?

It's still the biggest Descent site in operation with all the tools and sites you could dream up.

No idea about the DMF. There's definitely no converter for D3.
The Expanse. Watch it!

There is no dmf file in Descent 3... or do you mean you have created a ship in a 3d prog, saved in dmf file that you want to use in FS2? Sorry, I don't do FS2.

"It's still the biggest Descent site in operation with all the tools and sites you could dream up. "

Hmmm... I guess thats true, can't forget about the mission database, music, tec info, then there's the hosted sites... etc...

The version of D3Edit on PD is way out of date, Atan has made a lot of bugfixes and improvements since.
PREPARE FOR DESCENT | PLANET DESCENT

The version of D3Edit on PD is way out of date, Atan has made a lot of bugfixes and improvements since.
If I ever get off my lazy ass and start making regular updates again, I'll upload his most recent version.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

to get it into freespace you need to get it into .cob format OR have 3dstudio max and the pof plug in.
once it is in cob, you can get it into pof (the format freespace uses) using PCS. ask your brother, he probably has a copy.
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦
Now what am I supposed to put here?

to get it into freespace you need to get it into .cob format OR have 3dstudio max and the pof plug in.
once it is in cob, you can get it into pof (the format freespace uses) using PCS. ask your brother, he probably has a copy.

*snoops around the "H" drive*

yep, every single modding tool under the sun! i struck gold!