Twisted Infinities (Act 1) Released

Release thread: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index ... ic=96379.0

I kinda saw this coming since someone reached out to me a few weeks back about TI, but here it is! Act 1 is finally out... Black Wolf handed the project over to a new team, which IMO was probably the right choice.

Sadly none of the original team post here anymore, but this was where the majority of the original campaign was developed. So in some ways, it could be considered a Sectorgame community project (or FS2 Sector as it was known back then).

Personally I would've liked to go over the script before it was released, and I potentially could've supplied some voice actors for the project. It's the very least I could do for what was meant to be an official Sectorgame project. But oh well..

Unfortunately I had no luck getting in touch with Vasudan Admiral about TI. Has no one heard from him?
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Twisted Infinities (Act 1) Released

Black Wolf handed the project over to a new team, which IMO was probably the right choice.
When that happen? Thought this was his 'baby'?

Unfortunately I had no luck getting in touch with Vasudan Admiral about TI. Has no one heard from him?
Hasn't been on SG since 15' and HLP since 16'. That's quite a while..

Yeah he gave up trying to finish it, so someone else did. I'm not sure if he approached them or they offered, but TI is now available as a release build. I am sure it will get a few patches.

It also means TI is officially dead in the water, with Act 1 being the only release and all subsequent acts cancelled.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Are you gonna release it? or at the very least can I get an exclusive listen!? that is if you still have it.

Over the past few years I've been accumulating tracks off soundcloud that have inspired some freespace mission ideas and plots - which have yet to be created but are works in progress :) I'll use those pending permissions of course. Being a story aficionado, I've developed an interest in how different elements bring stories alive. I feel that sound whether it be a track and/or various fx can generally make or break a story/scene. In gaming I think it's a very crucial component that's often overlooked. It can even create story. Now I'm just getting a little carried away :razz:

I also hope to get back into FL studio again along with some sound equipment :)

Well, there was a lot of music but very few tracks were complete. It was mostly random mixes thrown together, a lot of B5/Crusade influence in some of them. Quite a few ambient pieces. Most of it was recorded live with an actual full blown synthesizer. The only software I used was something to record it with. Before I got a MIDI deck I actually had to make do with a computer microphone! Hah. It was pretty amateurish and embarrassing now.

Here is one the of early ambient ones.. I forget what this was for. I don't have the masters of many of these tracks, so it's pretty poor quality.
The Expanse. Watch it!
Attachments
Options3.mp3
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 1297 times