Re: Longplay feature requests

Well there are timestamps, they are in the description or posted in the comments. I don't think I have time to make that many out-takes. I'll have to think about it.

To the second point, well yes and no. I've started saving streams on Twitch as 'Hunter's Hangar' when I record the raw footage, those are about an hour each. They are basically the unedited versions of the new longplays, and they'll also be a few weeks ahead of the final videos on Youtube. Unfortunately there are no reactions or commentary, because I don't want to include that in the longplays. It would be nice if I could stream with reactions and record the longplay at the same time (minus the microphone input) but I haven't found a way to do that as of yet.

This is also why I'm limited to older games, because I don't have the processing power to play a new game + record and stream in 60 FPS at the same time.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I take it you just need another system to do the mic input? or would an external sound card in addition do the same job. I don't think Windows allows 2 sound cards to run simultaneously but your not running that OS. Have I got this all backwards and is it just a software thing?

What's your system specs?

The issue is most recording software uses what is sort of known as a 'stereo mix' which basically captures all audio a system outputs and receives, this way you can record microphone input and game audio without trouble. Most people have to turn down their game audio and increase microphone gain when recording (this is why many game videos have low audio levels).

I don't know of a way to capture a microphone exclusively for the streaming segment while ignoring microphone input in the recording segment. Maybe there is a way to tinker with the settings so that the recording can capture only game audio (using window capture) and the stream records the stereo mix. Using two different programs might work, but it also taxes the system a lot by doing that.
The Expanse. Watch it!