Re: Summer TV

The Last Ship has been improving. The storyline is still ridiculous, but it's kinda fun. The show always reminded me of Crusade on the high seas in the first season. And the whole government conspiracy stuff seemed to be exactly what JMS was going for in the second season of Crusade.
I might have to come back to that. Crusades was always off center with the plot. Would have been nice to see a complete season.

Finished up watching Shannara Chronicles season 2 =P~ Eretria

I'd recommend giving it another go. It just wrapped and it's only 5 short seasons (50 eps total I think).
The first season is VERY Crusade.. It's not quite as tight in the later seasons, but it's a guilty pleasure..
The Expanse. Watch it!

Another cheesy enjoyment of mine is 'The Last Kingdom', it's similar to Vikings but a lot faster paced.

Also if you enjoyed stuff like 'The Office' I can recommend 'Norsemen', a Norwegian black-comedy recorded in both English and Norwegian.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I saw an episode of 'Vikings' 'Norsemen' and just couldn't see the comedy (graphic too) in it.

Always looking for a laugh but wasn't a fan of 'The Office', 'Parks and Recreation' or 'The IT Crowd'. I've seen some episodes and only occasionally would you get great entertainment. I really prefer SNL on youtube - absolutely classics.

Looking forward to 'The Expanse' and 'Orville' over the break.

I have to admit I didn't find it funny either, but I don't think black comedy is generally supposed to be 'laugh out loud slapstick' funny, it's more of a subtle humour that comes with a wink and a nod. And I guess if you're familiar with Scandinavian culture it helps, a bit like British humour I suppose :)

Can't wait for more sci-fi!
The Expanse. Watch it!

I've been watching 'The Rookie' which stars Nathan Fillion and that actress from Dark Matter. It's absolutely ridiculous, but kinda nice to watch. It reminds me of early seasons of Castle. Really, just 'feel good TV' when you need a break from heavy drama.

I've also been catching up on Gotham. Haha, I forget how wacky that show was. And Crystal Reed has appeared in S4 - My My :o
The Expanse. Watch it!