Re: FS1 Longplay: Doing it vanilla or FSOPEN?

I don't think there is any rule that says you can't use mods. I just don't use them in most games because they would tax my system more than necessary when recording in high quality, and in some cases it already takes a lot of fiddling to get games running on Linux. Introducing mods just adds another layer of problems. I'll have to see if FSOPEN runs well enough while recording on my system.
The Expanse. Watch it!

My computer is only mid range, and 5 years old at that. It can play FSOPEN fine, and it can capture 1080p 60fps fine. But it probably can't do both at the same time, at least not from my experience with other games. Any game that requires more than 50% of the CPU will start to struggle in the recording process. That's why I'm focusing on old games, because I know I can do both. Of course I could reduce to 30fps, that'd probably work for some titles..
The Expanse. Watch it!

I recently took delivery of a new stick, so I'm prepped for a play through soon. I'm actually taking some time away from the chair lately, to heal and recover. I find myself with more aches and pains than I used to so I gotta cut down my hours at a desk. Either way I expect to get all the Freespace and Descent longplays done this summer.
The Expanse. Watch it!