So, I bought a new copy of FS2...

My original boxed copy of FS2 is back in the UK. It's the original 1999 edition.
Unfortunately I was stupid enough to sell my original 98 edition of FS1 just over 10 years ago, along with a bunch of other old games including two rare limited edition games... :(
What can I say, at the time I was scrounging for money and didn't really care about sentiment. But now I kind of regret that decision.

And so I paid for a GOG copy of FS2 and installed FSOPEN, as I can't reach my UK box from here. It's been a long time since I played it, but I can honestly say after so much time it feels exciting again.
It's probably been about 4-5 years since I last played FreeSpace. It's kind of like your favorite band. If you listen to them all the time, your brain gets bored and demands new juice.
But if you go for a LONG time without listening to them, eventually your brain will be happy with another listen. It seems games work much in the same way.

So are there any new campaigns I should be looking out for? I do keep tabs on the community ofcourse, but I rarely get the time to play games.
And when I do get time, it's usually some Descent instead - Except for occasions where I'll play a newer trendy game such as SOMA, Fallout etc.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: So, I bought a new copy of FS2...

I seem to keep coming back to FS2. I'm definitely getting that urge again.. I've even installed vanilla FS1, because I wanted to get that 'classic' feel again..

And I gotta say, after having listened to the Redux FS1 score a hundred times, I'm actually more partial to the original versions with a few exceptions. I feel like the redux versions lost some of that classic charm.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I remember archiving a lot of FreeSpace Sh** :shock: and when I mean a lot - it's juicy :nod: and for what reason is beyond me too. Unfortunately after moving house 5+ times in less than a decade all my cds/dvds and some hard drives have been scattered among various boxes. I thought a wayback search was the way to go.. at least thats what I believed.

This is what 30m got me:
So I thought maybe it's on fsfiles.. which it looks like but I could be wrong
and if you are looking for WAVs, I don't know :razz:

Yep, it seems like the pack on FSFILES is higher quality. Strange, that must mean the ones in my music collection are just straight from the VP files.

Btw, you didn't need to go to such great lengths.. I mean, you probably could've started at FSFILES :)

Unfortunately some of the tracks are missing from the high quality packs (M07-M08 and M10)

Thanks anyway!
Unfortunately after moving house 5+ times in less than a decade all my cds/dvds and some hard drives have been scattered among various boxes. I thought a wayback search was the way to go.. at least thats what I believed.
I've moved a grand total of once, and that was literally just across the hallway.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Yep, it seems like the pack on FSFILES is higher quality. Strange, that must mean the ones in my music collection are just straight from the VP files.

Btw, you didn't need to go to such great lengths.. I mean, you probably could've started at FSFILES :)

Unfortunately some of the tracks are missing from the high quality packs (M07-M08 and M10)

Thanks anyway!
I usually go to the source first. I'll keep that in mind when searching next time. I can't see why files are so hard to find in the last 10 years... :?

They made a mention of tracks missing in the 'New music coming your way soon!' thread on Hard Light and it was something along the lines of how files were stored on drives or tapes back then.