Re: Dark Matter + Other shows

Yeah they are going pretty quickly through the story arcs. I guess it's mainly down to the fact that decent shows these days are confined to what used to be called mini-series length. At this rate though they'll burn out and run out of content!
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Anyone watch Dark Matter?

As for Universe, it started off poorly and the cast weren't great anyway.
Just re-watched this show for the '2nd time only' but in Full HD. I like it :nod: Great soundtrack too!

I wish they'd finish Stargate Universe.. or Atlantis, sigh. Leaving both shows unfinished really jars me. Dark Matter is alright, but it's so mediocre man!
StarGate Universe does have a conclusion in comic form and its canon.

The visuals and soundtrack were pretty amazing, yep. But I think when SGU came out, we'd had our fill of doom and gloom from BSG and folks were eager to return to the tried and true form of SG-1 and SGA's lighter tone. And on the heels of cancelling SGA In favor of pushing SGU out the door quicker, that REALLY irked off a lot of people.

But, SGU found its feet in season 2 and started to bring back some lighter shades to the dialogue and interactions. The storytelling itself was pretty strong from the get-go.
The Expanse. Watch it!

But I think when SGU came out, we'd had our fill of doom and gloom from BSG and folks were eager to return to the tried and true form of SG-1 and SGA's lighter tone. And on the heels of cancelling SGA In favor of pushing SGU out the door quicker, that REALLY irked off a lot of people.

But, SGU found its feet in season 2 and started to bring back some lighter shades to the dialogue and interactions. The storytelling itself was pretty strong from the get-go.
Never watched BSG series, only some of the movies and the old show. Many years ago my cousin showed me a clip that literally covered the series in it's entirety - maybe I've forgotten it and I should go watch it.. hope it's in 1080p.

For a team that was off-world before they went even further off they mustn't have been psychologically evaluated very well. I guess the creators wanted to explore this..

Yes, watch BSG! It goes off the rails a bit in later seasons, but it's a fairly satisfying series. It doesn't please everyone, but it's certainly no LOST.

Start with the miniseries first (BSG 2003 I think) and then Season 1. The production quality is top notch, so it doesn't look dated at all.
The Expanse. Watch it!