Re: Dark Matter + Other shows

SG-1 has some great stand alone episodes in the first few seasons. The story arcs are ofcourse interesting, but some of their solo outings rival even the best of TNG.
Plus, you can have fun counting all the different guest stars that you'll see from other shows / will see in later shows!
The Expanse. Watch it!

Plus, you can have fun counting all the different guest stars that you'll see from other shows / will see in later shows!
Me and bro have been doing this for several years now. It's awesome for memory... pointing out where various actors played parts in previous shows. It's actually amazing what you can miss too. Sometimes I feel humans are better at audio recognition then facial.

Sometimes it's really hard to place an actor so I have to look them up on IMDB.

There is also another tradition of mine from the Star Trek days. I call it the 'Cute Ensign Moment' where a random cute Ensign appears in the background (sometimes speaking parts, sometimes not). Quite often an Ensign will bite the dust, too, to which I am very sad. I usually look them up on IMDB too :P
The Expanse. Watch it!

Continuing with The Expanse: My beef with the show continues. I love the story, the set design, the visual effects, the world building etc... but the characters are still incredibly bland. Ok, so the introduction of that Mars chick last season was a good choice along with that Earth Chain Smoker Lady. After Police Dude (I'm terrible with names...) was killed off, the show really seemed to have a lack of interesting characters. The crew of the Raza.. wait, wrong show.. the Rocinante.. are not all that interesting, except for Mars Pilot Dude who at least smiles on occasion.

Now don't me wrong, I like badass characters - but sometimes you gotta lighten the load. There is too much badassery all around. Come on people. Let's smile once or twice a season, eh? Everyone looks constipated all the time. Babylon 5 understood this balance of constipated face / smiling face.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Season 1 was brilliant! The story with Detective Miller chasing down Mao was the centerpiece and they kind of shuttled him to the side in season 2. It doesn't have that same appeal it once did, hopefully season 3 picks up a bit.
There is also another tradition of mine from the Star Trek days. I call it the 'Cute Ensign Moment' where a random cute Ensign appears in the background (sometimes speaking parts, sometimes not). Quite often an Ensign will bite the dust, too, to which I am very sad. I usually look them up on IMDB too :P
I didn't know they bit the dust that often. Hmm Ashley Judd =P~

Watched some enterprise episodes last few weeks and I don't recall T'Pol being this hot! :-"

I haven't watched The Expanse or Dark Matter but they're both on my list. My two sci-fi shows for now are Killjoys and Wynona Earp. I'm not sure Wynona Earp would be quite to anyone here's liking but it's worth checking out. I can't say enough good things about Killjoys, though. It feels like the spiritual successor to Firefly that we never got. Absolutely worth checking out if you like SciFi.

I don't think Killjoys is quite on par with Firefly, but it's something at least. I much preferred Dark Matter, which got canned in favour of more seasons of Killjoys. :( IMO The Expanse is considerably better than both of them - It's easily the best sci-fi show since BSG ended in 2009. Despite the fact that it's based on a novel, which was based on a board game, which took ideas from a little project somewhere on the Internet...
The Expanse. Watch it!

Never watched it. I saw the movie back when it came out, which was pretty high budget for the time - as a kid I liked it, but as an adult I can't stand it.

There are a bunch of old TV shows I've been meaning to re-watch. Space Precinct, Buck Rogers, Alien Nation etc..
The Expanse. Watch it!