15 years of EVE Online

Well, this trailer certainly brought back memories. SO many familiar names and corps whizz by including Tundragon :).
It makes me feel old, I followed this game before it even came out. It's been many years since I stopped playing, but I do treasure those memories!
I wonder, is there ANYONE left lurking here? Hippo, Hammer?

The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: 15 years of EVE Online

I let my EVE sub lapse for what's probably the final time last year. I just don't have the time for it. I don't really have the time to sit down and spend hours leading up to a few minutes of excitement anymore. I still enjoy reading about the wild adventures of EVE, but playing it is not for me anymore.

Oh, hey Matthew. Very LTNS. Couldn't agree more, though for slightly different reasons. I started winding down in 2013 until eventually selling everything and closing shop in 2015. I don't mind spending time preparing for excitement, I've just lost interest in EVE after playing it for 10 years straight. I don't miss EVE at all, but I do miss the comradery it offered. There just isn't another game like it out there. Most of my old corp mates are waiting for Star Citizen, but I expect it'll end up being s###.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Yeah, LTNS lol. I just got a little nag "I should check out Sectorgame and see what those guys are up to".

I never actually sold my stuff so I could go back at some point if I wanted to but I don't see myself doing it. At this point it's in the category "more fun in theory than in reality".

I don't expect Star Citizen to be even remotely good. They've raised so much money and made so much hype, and feature-creeped so hard, they'll have to make it so watered-down in order to please everybody that it will just be garbage.

Not only did I sell up, but all my accounts were permabanned because of it. I couldn't return even if I wanted to, though I do still have access to the game via some alts. It just doesn't interest me now though. The only EVE fix I get is by watching other people play it - Bjorn Bee is quite entertaining for example, and Wingspan is another I've checked out.

It's now been about 4 years since I stopped regular playing, so I doubt I'll ever go back at this point. I know you started a little later than me, so you might find yourself being drawn back in at some point... EVE is like a drug in that way ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!