Re: Star Trek Discovery (some spoilers)

Welp I am up to date with the latest episode (the mid-season finale) where they seemingly stopped the war and started the plot thread for what looks like the mirror universe. Although the episode leading up to this one had MANY faults, this particular episode was definitely the best one from the show this season. Even the Klingons were less grating than usual (and it's MUCH better when they speak English without the subtitle handicap!)
The Expanse. Watch it!

CBS has made it official: Leslie Moonves is stepping down as chairman-CEO amid a cascade of sexual assault allegations, and CBS and National Amusements Inc. have settled the legal battle that erupted in May over control of the company.
Oh geez, another conveniently mega rich man accused of sexual assault?
The settlement agreement calls for CBS and Moonves to donate $20 million to organizations that support the #MeToo movement and equality for workplace in the women
How about donating to shelters and the homeless.. :roll:
The Expanse. Watch it!

Oh geez, another conveniently mega rich man accused of sexual assault?
I'm not surprised by this at all; money = sex = career = promotions = jobs. It's like a revolving carousel, there's usually a gain to be made by all parties. I always believe there is much more to the story of each claim then is initially told too.

#MeToo movement and equality for workplace in the women
:roll: I believe in equality but tie it in with workload. If you can do the same job to the same requirements with the same degree of attendance you should get paid the same.

PS. nice work on adding the quote button into the post reply page =D>

The 3rd episode did much damage to Star Trek to be honest, including considerable damage to the character of Spock, the Klingons and more..

And yes, the Orville is a joy to watch. For me it's that bright, pleasant TV lighting - something a lot of sci-fi has completely forget about in the past 10-15 years. In fact I think the last sci-fi show to use decent lighting was Stargate Atlantis.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Episode 2 was directed and produced by Ridley Scott No really! Actually was directed by Frakes (and for those who don't know Commander Riker from TNG)

And that is one damn fine powercell for those church lights. Ain't never running out! :nod:

It was a good episode but the show still has no direction and I understand why now
Original showrunner Bryan Fuller had intended for Discovery to be an anthology series that told different stories each season. CBS did not agree, but a hybrid approach was eventually used, following the same characters but telling different stories each season.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek ... (season_2)

I can't say it would have been better but when disagreements occur like this, I've seen it fail miserably.

Thumbs up for The Orville =D>