Board Games

Recently got some board/trivia games, and it's been entertaining to revisit a part of my child hood that I enjoyed. A different kind of social interaction compared to video games and tv/cinema. Builds alternative conversation too whereas eating over dinner the usual topics come up which can be disparaging.

Any board game recommendations?

Re: Board Games

Not a big board game player, though I used to play them quite a lot when I was younger. Monopoly is always a favorite, though it tends to drag on quite a bit.

I actually invented my own board game when I was about 14-15, which was basically a simplified Star Trek combat game with various ship classes (races were Federation, Klingon, Romulan and Borg). Dice rolls determined movement and attack success. A simple monetary system dished out credits for successful kills. I think there was a few other features I can't recall off the top of my head. I still have it stashed away somewhere.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Who can forget those crack addict eyes.

I believe that was made around the same time as Star Trek Klingon and Star Trek Borg, two games I also own :)

Apparently I used to own Star Trek TNG Monopoly, I must've sold it a long time ago along with a bunch of other cool things (damn me for doing that).
The Expanse. Watch it!

Star Trek Borg was the one with Q if I remember correctly. Any good?
Apparently I used to own Star Trek TNG Monopoly, I must've sold it a long time ago along with a bunch of other cool things (damn me for doing that).
Burn the Monopoly Heretic.. oh wait you sold it, but u want it back :shock: Some unorthodox electrotherapy should fix that :shockingzap:

Yeah, I do want it back, along with a ton of other stuff I sold to scrounge together money at the time.
I sold several old big-box computer games (blasphemy!), books, collectibles, etc..

(Current me) :bazooka: :o (Former me (10 years prior))
The Expanse. Watch it!

:evil4: maybe there is a magical incantation to wipe that game from history

I enjoy playing more complex board games now. Started on Eldritch Horror recently. A lot of reading and understanding but once you get into it, a very fun and different game. You can play with the atmosphere of the game too, such as expressing your character.

I don't have the patience for those kinds of games, but I've never really had a proper sit down with a what you'd call a 'proper' board game.

That being said, I used to play EVE, which required a lot of patience... And I used to make things out of LEGO. So I must have been pretty patient at some point ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!

That being said, I used to play EVE, which required a lot of patience... And I used to make things out of LEGO. So I must have been pretty patient at some point ;)
Never played EVE but I do recall years ago you went on to sell assets and I can only imagine it consumed many days and nights to acquire those - which is why I'm not a particularly big fan of multiplayer online, and even LAN has it's limits. Hours I tell you, so many gone, sunken into the void, a dark black nothing :shock:

Anyway :badgrin: LEGO was always cool. Used to build all kinds of things when I was kid. M-tron line was a big fav of mine.

Oh yeh recently played Dominion. Game is so chill compared to Eldritch Horror.