Cadburys paid £0 in tax in the past 6 years on £100m profits!

They'll be expecting a Christmas sales boost. It's up to us whether they get one (yes, I'll be there in person not buying any)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... n-tax.html

" The chocolate maker has been accused of ‘free riding’ after filings laid bare the tax position of Cadbury Ltd, a holding company which is part of US food giant Mondelez. "

When will this s### ever end with giant corporations getting away with this? I think Korea is actually making more progress when it comes to corporate corruption.
All your data belongs to me. I am the all seeing webmaster.

Re: Cadburys paid £0 in tax in the past 6 years on £100m profits!

Well, governments are run by the people. If everyone stopped using a major corporations services or buying their products, within a few weeks, that corporation would collapse. People have the power. But unfortunately there is no single unifying force that would compel everyone to pull in such a singular direction.

But that is how the people can bring down corporations. Don't need governments for that (and they're pretty useless anyway when it comes to multi-billion dollar corps)

Well, governments are run by the people.
I used to believe this too. Parts of the government might be voted in by the people but certainly not run by the people.
If everyone stopped using a major corporations services or buying their products, within a few weeks, that corporation would collapse. People have the power. But unfortunately there is no single unifying force that would compel everyone to pull in such a singular direction.
I can agree with that. People power works. Getting them all onboard going one direction doesn't happen often enough.

No, you misunderstood the first part. I'm not saying that you and I have a say in government policy - but regular folks do have the power if they decide to use it. The same force that can bring down a corporation can also be used on the government. Take South Korea for example. Weeks and weeks of (peaceful) protests lead to the impeachment of the President. Ofcourse, one must have a legitimate cause and there must be an actual reason other than just 'I don't like him/her'.