Re: Anyone watch Dark Matter?

It's about a town full of geniuses developing all kinds of technologies. Almost like a scifi soap opera. It gets funnier towards the end of the series too.

Back in 2009 I was watching this show alongside Warehouse 13 but never finished either after moving house in 2011. Both shows were still airing new episodes until Eureka finished up in 2012 and Warehouse 13 in 2014.

For more comprehensive summaries quoted from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0796264/plotsummary
The short
The best minds in the US are tucked away in a remote town where they build futuristic inventions for the government's benefit.

The long
With the help of Albert Einstein and other trusted advisors, President Harry S. Truman commissioned a top-secret residential development in a remote area of the Pacific Northwest, one that would serve to protect and nurture America's most valuable intellectual resources. There our nation's greatest thinkers, the über-geniuses working on the next era of scientific achievement, would be able to live and work in a supportive environment. The best architects and planners were commissioned to design a welcoming place for these superlative geniuses to reside, an area that would offer the best education for their children, the best healthcare, the best amenities and quality of life. A community was created to rival the most idyllic of America's small towns - with one major difference: this town would never appear on any maps. At least, none that haven't been classified "eyes only" by the Pentagon.

Would I watch it again, not really but neither would I watch most scifi I've seen again except the absolute best :mrgreen:

It got renewed for a 3rd season which is something - I feared the axe after recent low ratings. Why don't people watch this stuff?
It's a shame they killed Miller off - Although I realize that's 'how it's written' in the books, I just feel he was the one and only character in the show aside from that lady politician who had any depth. Amos is 'kind' of interesting and showing a little more than two dimensions. I haven't read the novels so I can't say how the characters are portrayed compared with the books, but the remaining characters aren't really all that interesting - but again, I don't know if that's how they were written, or if the show just isn't doing them justice.
The Expanse. Watch it!

That's good news! - every show seems to be getting the axe these days. I haven't read the books yet either but I do have the first one and have every intention on reading them after a glowing recommendation, which seems to be the consensus on books to tv shows or movies.

People don't watch this stuff cause they watch shows like this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_and_Away

I completely agree with the character analysis you spoke of :nod:

LOL, Home and Away. Yeah that's not really a good comparison since with the exception of Farscape, Aussies don't make much sci-fi..
Nah, people prefer to watch superhero crap again, again and again... There is about 10,000 superhero dramas and movies in production at the moment. ;)
The Expanse. Watch it!

LOL, Home and Away. Yeah that's not really a good comparison since with the exception of Farscape, Aussies don't make much sci-fi..
Nah, people prefer to watch superhero crap again, again and again... There is about 10,000 superhero dramas and movies in production at the moment. ;)
I had to use it. That soap opera along with days of our lives and, young and the restless... it's turning people into vegetables :badgrin: quite literally.

Unless you have streaming services like Stan or Netflix, or you have foxtel, theres not really that much scifi on tv. Farscape was done so long ago, and I only managed to get to somewhere in season 3 but I just couldn't get beyond that bondage villain. Aussies don't make scifi last time I checked - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia ... television

I burnt through lots of midnight "candles" to finish watching all four seasons of Black Sails in four weeks.
Looks interesting. Thanks :wink:

2 more shows worth watching are, animation that is