Re: Happy Birthday Hunty!

Hah, how did you remember?

Also yeah - Had a pretty good time. My girlfriend cooked me a nice dinner :)
I have a very strange ability to remember little details. Just ask Mr Fragaria!

What did you have for dinner? And for dessert?

We had very authentic French cuisine, for a whole week, at Christmas-time.
Cheekybum & Junior

Still Mongolia :) 4 years now. I'm sure we'll get married eventually (when we can afford it!)
I can be a wedding planner for you - I'm very good at doing elegant-with-a-reasonable-price ;)

(I do bouquets, centerpieces, baking, decorating, bridal hair, makeup - if you trust me - and groom makeovers!)

I'm serious - oh, and I can also cook!
Cheekybum & Junior

I guess I didn't mention our financial situation ;)

I'll definitely keep it in mind though.

Well, y'know, you can do it for a few hundred quid at a registration office if it's just the legal part (then even postpone the fancy ceremony stuff until later).

On the other hand, marriage doesn't really change a relationship beyond the legal stuff; anyone who expects their relationship to be different after signing a piece of paper and saying some vows probably shouldn't get married. So it's not like your missing anything.

We have bigger fish to fry before that though - Like even getting into the country first! Her being from a non-OECD country makes it even harder. We're hoping to plan out a visit this spring.

In Korea it only costs a few quid to get married at a registration office. Ofcourse, ceremonies here are probably 5x as expensive.. But being both foreigners we're obviously not going to get married here.
The Expanse. Watch it!

We have bigger fish to fry before that though - Like even getting into the country first! Her being from a non-OECD country makes it even harder. We're hoping to plan out a visit this spring.

In Korea it only costs a few quid to get married at a registration office. Ofcourse, ceremonies here are probably 5x as expensive.. But being both foreigners we're obviously not going to get married here.
Oh god, yeah - the UKBA will charge you more than the ceremony would, and treat you like something they accidentally stood on. That's not to mention the new minimum income crap they added.

I've had a bit of experience with that sort of thing, so if there's anything I can do (not much, admittedly, beyond sympathise - aaahrgh, the stories I could tell you about the UKBA...), just PM.

As an aside, why not get registered in SK? Personal thing about the location, or legal issue? (marital status doesn't really do much regarding visas, to be fair, except maybe make it easier to establish relationships )