Does STEAM cost money to download or is it free?
What rock do you live under that you think the service itself would cost money to download?
A rock in which I heard you have to buy a game from steam i order to download it?

Does STEAM cost money to download or is it free?
What rock do you live under that you think the service itself would cost money to download?
A rock in which I heard you have to buy a game from steam i order to download it?
Steam is a supporting service* for the game, not the game itself... charging for Steam would be a bit like Amazon charging entry to their website

*it's a shop, but also provides functionality that can be integrated into the games upon it, ergo service.

Re: Sectorgame Steam Group

Does anyone on the Steam group not own Civilization V and want a copy? I just got one with my X-COM preorder, everyone I've directly asked already owns it.
I would say no and then yes, but I hate taking things without offering recompense. (seriously. I often don't even take free biscuits at conferences.)

So, er, if you don't find anyone else, you could hold onto it until Christmas or such and - if they have similar shenanigans as to last time - maybe I'll be able to offer a swap.

Okay, I can apparently only give it to someone on my friends list, so aldo'll have to accept that invite.

Sorry aldo, I know how terrible it is to be associated with me. If you still want the game, anyways.
Thanks - I owe you one. Especially as it saved me succumbing to the 'buy new things' itch.

On that subject, what's on your wishlist?

In all honesty I can't say there's anything on there I desperately want.

Currently it's got Strike Suit Zero, KSP, and the recent Duke Nukem 3D steam release. As well as Recettear/Chantelise since forever but those two have been there years; if I really wanted them I think I'd have bought them.

Oh, and the new Tomb Raider, but unless you can magically get it for under 30 bucks...
IAR
A Numbered Existence
In The Service
Monsters
SAMAS