I just binned my PCs

One, a single ghz Athlon that I've had for nearly 10years and the other a 2ghz P4. Both were absolutly decrepid and dying but I had always kept hold of 'em, for nostalgia if nothing else, but now I'm moving out of the parent's gaffe so they had to go.

TBH I'm not really that bothered. Not as much as I thought I would be. Kept the hard-drives and I imagine a retro themed PC will be fairly cheap if I'm ever inclined. Will probably got a mid-level lap-top for day to day use though.

Re: I just binned my PCs

One, a single ghz Athlon that I've had for nearly 10years and the other a 2ghz P4. Both were absolutly decrepid and dying but I had always kept hold of 'em, for nostalgia if nothing else, but now I'm moving out of the parent's gaffe so they had to go.

TBH I'm not really that bothered. Not as much as I thought I would be. Kept the hard-drives and I imagine a retro themed PC will be fairly cheap if I'm ever inclined. Will probably got a mid-level lap-top for day to day use though.
I still have an old Athlon 2600* lying in a cupboard, replete with a spare Athlon chip and a phenomenally noisy Geforce 2 MX. The sole reason it's not binned (like my ole CRT) is that the shiny black 'silent' case cost me about 80 quid when I bought it and is still perfectly good. Plus I think the hard drive still has some personal stuff (stored passwords etc - and maybe some *other* stuff). Pain in the arse anyways.

I hate computers. I'm dreading when I finally upgrade my current desktop, as I can't face chucking out what was originally over 500 quids worth of kit.

*it's a sign of the age of it that I'm completely guessing the model number here

I have an old P4 3ghz back in the UK. Could probably throw in one of them AGP versions of the Radeon HD and it'd be good as new.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I have an old P4 3ghz back in the UK. Could probably throw in one of them AGP versions of the Radeon HD and it'd be good as new.
I'm still using a P4 3GHz with a Radeon X300 64MB and a 19" CRT. Who needs upgrades, right? :P
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

Do you still really need a desktop Aldo ?

It occured to me I could have chucked the P4s PSU into the Athlon rig, maybe with the Graphics card, and have the perfect retro rig. Never mind, tbh I don't really care about PCs anymore.

I wish I had the computers you are throwing away :(

yeah I have a modern computer, but everything else I use is super slow, like p3 level stuff.
I am actaully on a p3 1ghz right now.
╔╦╦╪╦╦_
╚╩╬╪╝╞╧╩╪╦
Now what am I supposed to put here?

I am in need of a spare sound card - for those of you in the UK, do you have any old sound cards you'd be willing to give away?
The Expanse. Watch it!

Not unless you count one build into a socket, err, a/462? motherboard.

Looking at a backup work/travel/sitting room laptop now, incidentally.

Y'know aldo, I always prefered a different verse of that song.

Do I understand your question man?
Is it hopeless and forlorn?
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."
It's not in the '76/ Hard Rain version though.

I'm pretty sure it is, but maybe my track tags are lying about which album this is.
I was just listening to it, don't recall hearing that thar bit.