New VPs and official 3.6.10 RErelease. Anyone else tried it?

I recently used Turey's installer to install "The Works" so I could get back into FS2. It's all going smoothly, but well, not much seems different.

Has anyone else tried them? I can expect that I may not notice many of the differences for a while considering that I have only been on it twice since installation, but there seems to be less htl ships than before. Does anyone else find this? Have some been removed for fixes or something, or am I just imagining things? I was sure we had more than one HTL Shivan fighter, HTL Cain/Lilith, and a HTL Demon. Also maybe a HTL Hermes, unless I'm just going insane.

I could just be imagining it, so if so, please kindly tell me and disregard this post completely :razz:
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I wouldn't bother just yet - I think we broke more than we fixed, which is why I've not yet posted it here. ;)

Oh and no nothing was removed - we've only had pics of WIPs on the forums of any of those ships, and this re-release only added the new Thoth.
Twisted Infinities

Re: New VPs and official 3.6.10 RErelease. Anyone else tried

I was sure we had more than one HTL Shivan fighter, HTL Cain/Lilith, and a HTL Demon. Also maybe a HTL Hermes, unless I'm just going insane.
There have been three people who started a hi-poly Cain/Lilith (although c914 seems to be making it) and at least two who started the Arcadia. Demon and Hermes have never been HTLed, as far as I know. And I think the Mara is the only Shivan fighter that's been finished so far.
Ancient-Shivan War | Hard-Light forums | FreeSpaceMods.net

Re: New VPs and official 3.6.10 RErelease. Anyone else tried

I was sure we had more than one HTL Shivan fighter, HTL Cain/Lilith, and a HTL Demon. Also maybe a HTL Hermes, unless I'm just going insane.
There have been three people who started a hi-poly Cain/Lilith (although c914 seems to be making it) and at least two who started the Arcadia. Demon and Hermes have never been HTLed, as far as I know. And I think the Mara is the only Shivan fighter that's been finished so far.
I was certain that there was a better Cain/Lillith in there before, and I can't wait for a HTL Arcadia. It's a little strange that the Mara is the only HTL Shivan Fighter/Bomber, I thought there was at least one more, but I have vague memories of some others that aren't there.

Probably my imagination. Thanks for the feedback everyone, I can't wait for the new versions!
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

Your imagination needs to start modeling, apparently. :P
It's so weird, I have this really distinct memory of playing a mission, I think the one with the Carthage and the Dashor, where the Goliath warps in, and I have this crystal clear memory of thinking "Wow, they finally re-did that stinky Lillith model".

Maybe it's some early kind of Deja Vu or something. I only hope it gets done before the community disentegrates :P

The Lilith was re-textured to a darker color scheme at some point, I suppose to suggest the far beefier armor it's packing. I think that texture was mistakenly used for the Cain in one MediaVP version, before someone realized the mistake and swapped it back to the original.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

The Lilith was re-textured to a darker color scheme at some point, I suppose to suggest the far beefier armor it's packing. I think that texture was mistakenly used for the Cain in one MediaVP version, before someone realized the mistake and swapped it back to the original.
I think we have the darker Lilith at the moment, but that's not what I was talking about. Thinking back though, it might have just as easily only been a different texture instead.

Not really, Hunter. Just need to make sure you have all the latest files. and that mission file they brought out to fix one of the levels in the default FS2 campaign. From my testing, it's all pretty neat and clean, incredibly stable. I mean, I've practically tested the lliving daylights out of it.