Well, I think we have to completely replace the 3.6.7 VPs.

There are a lot of old files in there. The new shockwave isn't in the effects VP.

Should I try to fix it on my own?

I'd add the afterburner trails again while I'm at it.
Visit: http://starfoxmod.proboards32.com/

-UPDATE: 'The Starfox mod' is now called 'Starfox: Shadows of Lylat'

Also for the next update there needs to be a fix for a missing file. "Alouqua_AniBitmap_0003.dds" is missing for the EFF so the weapon effect that's supposed to have 6 frames only has 3. I'm going to move that from a debug log message to an actual Warning() shortly so things like this don't get missed but I don't want to do that until it's fixed in the MediaVPs since that would get really annoying, really fast.

Hmm, it may not be missing by accident. Could just be a numbering error as I look at it again. The current files are numbered 0000, 0001, 0002, 0004, 0005 & 0006 but that would make 7 frames and the EFF only lists 6. Somebody may have just removed 0003 and forgot to change the other frame numbers to match. I can't reallly test this right now but someone should probably just rename 0004, 0005 and 0006 and see if the animation looks ok. The files are in mv_effects.vp under /data/effects and are for the "Shivan Light Laser".