DIE NECRO!!!!
LATER:

Necroes are good! We need more zombies!
Necro again.
Hey! I said that! You could at least have enough decency to quote me!
Is this better?

I'll have to dust off (literally) the old sidewinder precison pro but the mouse 'n' keyboard isn't completely unworkable.
I couldn't control a joystick for the life of me (I don't have enough coordination :P) but I'm okay with a mouse... It's much more fun than just using the keyboard.

I'm kinda stuck again. I'm on the moon base trying to send a signal or something ? Stick in the interfaxe room with those little red homing mines and GB is telling me I can't send with the security on or something ?

Oh and killing Juggernauts is fun.

hehe, Yeap, there's a switch somewhere that will shut off the mines. I think it is in the room with come glass separating the main transmission room from a side room.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Actually, the mine matcens getting shut off depends entirely on the alert level the base is on. If it's above a certain point (level 2, I think) then you cannot shut off ALL of the mine matcens in the room. You'll just have to deal with them.

The whole process of uploading that information is extremely complicated, too. You have to do a whole boatload of things first to just prep your ship and the device for the upload, and then you have to pick up a memory plasma charge thingy that's a few rooms away that only lasts for a certain period of time.

Not fun. Because of this, I never did look at that particular level very highly.

It does have some cool eye candy tho, I'll give it that much. :)
"You just struck out for the next five innings" "But it didn't get me!" -Calvin & Hobbes

Gee are you still playing? Do you have Mercenary too?
Stopped, started again, stopped again, started again etc etc...no I haven't got Mercs. There's a couple of copies on ebay so I might get it payday.
Actually, the mine matcens getting shut off depends entirely on the alert level the base is on. If it's above a certain point (level 2, I think) then you cannot shut off ALL of the mine matcens in the room. You'll just have to deal with them.

The whole process of uploading that information is extremely complicated, too. You have to do a whole boatload of things first to just prep your ship and the device for the upload, and then you have to pick up a memory plasma charge thingy that's a few rooms away that only lasts for a certain period of time.

Not fun. Because of this, I never did look at that particular level very highly.

It does have some cool eye candy tho, I'll give it that much. :)
Yeah I eventually found the charge but got lost and ran out of time last night.
I find these really simplistic "puzzles" very tedious.
Y'know, Doom style "find this, shoot this switch etc"

Come join us in multiplayer sometime. You can grab the multiplayer tool VORTEX or use the game tracker at descent.cx combined with the IRC chat room (located at #descent3 on gamesurge.net). And do not forget to patch to 1.4! :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Aye! Join us!
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Gee are you still playing? Do you have Mercenary too?
Stopped, started again, stopped again, started again etc etc...no I haven't got Mercs. There's a couple of copies on ebay so I might get it payday.
Unless you find an extremely cheap deal on Mercenary, it might be easier to just buy the D3+Merc pack on GOG for $6.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

Meh, grabbed the 'charge and hoofed it to the upload room but the little red doom-balls are still after me!

I'm too busy buzzing-off of Evil Genius at the moment tho!