Super-lol
I'm a turret 100%

And what is JAD3?
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I'm quite certain I've seen the pof-defined names work in game at some point in time. I can only guess that it was in FS1, and rather than rename everything for FS2, they just changed it to look at the mounted weapon instead.

So is this a pof, table or mission based implementation? :)
Twisted Infinities

AFAIK table (subsys properties) and SEXP controlled..

Though.. Is this going only to unstable branch or also to stable.. er.. well.. a tad more stable.. branch?

gw/hlp needs to go down more often.
:lol:

Yeah, the activity has been booming recently.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Feel free to play the test mission.

Feel even more free to follow the advice within.
@_@
*Gives all money*
Hey wait.....
>_<

Anyway, that's pretty cool. How does it work by default though? Ie, as BW has said, this will be quite handy for the aesir's non conventional weapon types, but renaming everything on a per mission basis is a bit....tedious. Can we set the default names in the table, or a flag to override the default names and tell the game to use those in the pof files?

Also, you're about $2.70 AUD richer. Someone more wealthy needs to play it. :p
Twisted Infinities

i agree, tables would be more convienent for permanent weapons, but a FRED feature should be preserved for when you want to change an uber death laser to an uber goober.