you do have me on that point. I personally would have pressed an attack in their shoes (shivans...shoes....heh!) but I also have reasonable knowledge of the GTVA forces. we'd have gotten plowed, and the shivans would have paused only to shake the sand out of their ...shoes!
:lol:
28 years old, and seeing this :smash: just makes me giggle like a schoolgirl!

you do have me on that point. I personally would have pressed an attack in their shoes (shivans...shoes....heh!) but I also have reasonable knowledge of the GTVA forces. we'd have gotten plowed, and the shivans would have paused only to shake the sand out of their ...shoes!
:lol:
Lulsch, but with a definate knowledge of the Colossus (saying you are a shivan commander or something) you would assume by Shivan tactics that if they had a force to rival yours (e.g. 80 Colos) they would use it.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

But seriously, Much good stuff for me to think on and assimilate here... e..except the night mares thing from a page or two back...i don't much like nightmares.....

again, shivans PROBABLY don't have much knowledge of reading such a random peoples such as us humans/vasudans. It's entirely probable that i'm waaaaayyyyyyyyy off base on my theory, but, who can say with any certainty.

and i failed to mention this, but you do have an interesting theory. I just like firing off some ideas for people to work with.

if you want me to stop this, please let me know, so i don't anger you :)

You fail to notice that a Sathanas can easily neutralize an entire GTVA fleet, eighty times the amount of ships inside Capella at the time of the supernova. The Shivan fleet was doing fine anyway, they had destroyed some poor Vasudan destroyer as well as several other ships that we can't see (too far out). Your theory is valid that the Shivans attempted to cover a strategic withdraw, but they had already seen the destruction of the Epsilon Pegasi node by the Bastion.

The Shivans never made an attempt to capture any GTA, PVN, GTVA or ANY ships thus far. Hence, it is safe to assume that they don't actually care about the lack of information. The GTA and PVN also attempted captures, but they failed. The Shivans did nothing of the sort. They did not attempt to get Terran or Vasudan technology, plans (spies? lol) or anything in that vein of thought. They just attacked. On that basis, it is quite clear that the Shivans did not want (or need) any information regarding their enemies, the GTVA.

If the destruction of the Capella star, was, just that, the destruction of a major GTVA starsystem, I do believe it was a senseless and mindless show of destruction. The destruction of what remaining GTVA ships were left in the system (from what we can see, two Deimos corvettes and one Aeolus, as well as several freighters) seems stupid.

The fact that to destroy just a handful of GTVA ships with the loss of several of their juggernauts who failed to enter subspace seems quite an idiotic choice of action to me. The Shivans could deploy their fleet and nuke every single remaining GTVA ship in Capella easily, without loosing a single one of their Juggernauts. Another possible motive for nuking the Capella star would be to destroy the Capellan planets. A planetary bombardment would easily suffice, doing less damage to the planet itself, but still achieving the same result: rendering habitable landmass uninhabitable

The fact that they would sacrifice some of their Juggernauts for the destruction of the Capella star means something else, not just the destruction of an enemy fleet. I think we agree that the nuking of Capella was for the creation of a subspace node (whether it would be normal or a 'supernode'), and not just senseless destruction.

A strategic retreat at the sacrifice of some of their most powerful ships seems quite a misfit to me. I believe it is safe to say that only two or three Sathanes were destroyed by the GTVA, including the one in High Noon. Loosing some of their ships means that they must have another agenda, not seriously connected to the ongoing battle of Capella or even the GTVA as a whole (not to be misread as whore).

Yeah that is all well and good but I think I missed the part where they needed to retreat.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

I see a number of valid points and agree with most. as far as retreating, i said maybe, and that was under the assumption that they witnessed their most powerful craft beaten down -HARD- by the ingenuity of this little human race. and if i remember, not losing any ships in High Noon. That, IMHO, would be a frightening sight.

but thinking about it, i do see the thought behind the super node theory. but why, when they could just use Gamma Draconis as an out.

But here's the real question. is 'super noding' their equivalent to the aeons old Knossos? If that works, then my mind is open to many more ideas. But still, i can't just flat dismiss the 'scouting party' theory.
hmmmmmmmmm.............

also, i agree, the end of fs2 was not the best. but, it did leave us hanging about where 70+ juggernaughts ran off to...
and what kind of reception on the journey back to earth?

I see a number of valid points and agree with most. as far as retreating, i said maybe, and that was under the assumption that they witnessed their most powerful craft beaten down -HARD- by the ingenuity of this little human race. and if i remember, not losing any ships in High Noon. That, IMHO, would be a frightening sight.

but thinking about it, i do see the thought behind the super node theory. but why, when they could just use Gamma Draconis as an out.

But here's the real question. is 'super noding' their equivalent to the aeons old Knossos? If that works, then my mind is open to many more ideas. But still, i can't just flat dismiss the 'scouting party' theory.
hmmmmmmmmm.............

also, i agree, the end of fs2 was not the best. but, it did leave us hanging about where 70+ juggernaughts ran off to...
and what kind of reception on the journey back to earth?

All I can say is, wait for Machina Terra :razz:

OOh OOH! It may be that tey just came to test out their newest weapon. the "SSSW-001 :smash: "

....Yeah, that's right...I found it! :badgrin:

(thats Shivan Sub-Space Weapon version 001 Smasher) :)

as far as retreating, i said maybe,
Meh. I was not talking about/getting confused with what you said Snail if that is what you are thinking.