Based on coolness and scientific likelihood, which sci fi game/movie/tv series aliens do you think are the best? Personally, my vote goes to Stargate, which has a decent balance of humanoid and non humanoid aliens (with the bias towards a humanoid look explainable by the evolutionary process on earth like worlds) (and also including I think silicon based life IIRC, and those weird energy based ones (little glowing balls) that can fly through solid matter), spread out fairly thinly over a large galaxy (which suggests the probable rarity of intelligent alien species). They are also all at fairly different levels of technological capability, with as decent an amount of varied alien psychology as could be expected from a TV show that needs to be accesable to an audience, and finish in 50 minutes (not easy if you have to spend 40 minutes just trying to comprehend an entirely different mode of thoight.)

The only real problems I have with it is the prevelance of English among the aliens and non earth humans (almost all of which were taken from places where English was not spoken, and before the language even existed in its modern form), and the fact that so many different species have chosen to visit Earth at some point or another.

Tat said, I don't know all the sci fi universes, so I'd definitely like other opinions.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

I really like the idea of the Gou'uld from Stargate SG-1, they're nothing but worms (as Jack calls them), but the creature posse's intelligence beyond anything of our own - And not to mention that the host bodies are turned into ruthless control-freaks. I love the Gou'Uld because of their ruthless, dark, evil behaviour - Especially when the hosts are female. Now that's really scary ! As for coolness, I'd vote for Farscape's Scarren species. They are complex, diverse, excellent make-up and utterly dangerous ! And did I say Make up? Oh yes, THE best from ANY Sci-Fi or CGI !
The Expanse. Watch it!

Being something of a 'Doctor Who' fan I'm just got just say that I like the Daleks. Especially some of the (very few varients). Special weapons Dalek (basically a Dalek base with a large gun) was rather good. Pity Doctor Who is rarely repeated.

Edit: Also some of the other enemies are pretty good. Cybermen are menacing. Course some of the enemies are pretty ropey.
'Take what you want, and pay for it.' - Cairhien saying

'Well, since the whole loaf won't be mine, I will settle for whatever slicers fall my way.' - Mazrim Taim

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

B5. With the dreadful exception of the Centauri, who just have a weird haircut, everyone else looks wayyyyy alien. Look at the Narn, the Pak'ma'ra, the Shadows, the Drakh. BEAUTIFUL

I have to say, I'm with the apparent majority here in siding with SG-1. The surprising depth with which they delve into the various races struck me as particularly impressive when I first started watching the show. The Goa'uld, the Tok'ra, and Asgaurd, all of them have this attention to detail you just don't get in most modern science fiction, and I really like that.
Co-owner: http://www.otakuhavenanime.net

One nice thing about SG1 is that they don`t introduce a new species every episode. In fact it's probably closer to a couple of species every season!

However all of the Sci-fi I can think of suffer from having very human like aliens. I know it's mostly to keep the costs down but just once I want to see a show where the only humanoids are humans and everything else is very different.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

[Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [Mind Games]

Well Farscape has done that, but it has an equal share of humanoids too - However, there is an "ancients" thingy that all the races that look like humans are infact related somehow (but this was never explained, all we saw was an Egyptian symbol on a pyramid shaped-object with other alien symbols)
The Expanse. Watch it!

One nice thing about SG1 is that they don`t introduce a new species every episode. In fact it's probably closer to a couple of species every season!

However all of the Sci-fi I can think of suffer from having very human like aliens. I know it's mostly to keep the costs down but just once I want to see a show where the only humanoids are humans and everything else is very different.
I dunno, the first season pretty much went one-species-per-episode.