Pictures - easy peasy Japan-easy!

Intercontinental Hotel, Yokohama

Minato Mirai, Yokohama, night and day

Hasedera temple, Kamakura

Daibutsu, Kamakura (The Great Buddha)

Ryōgoku Kokugikan, Tokyo (Sumo stadium)

Sensō-ji (Sensō Temple), Asakusa, Tokyo

Harajuku, Tokyo

Tokyo (forget exactly where - look at the sign! :D)

Shinagawa

Doll Museum, Yokohama

Noge-cho, Yokohama

Techo toilet! :bounncy:
In the Newspaper museum, Yokohama
Cheekybum & Junior

If you ever find one of those with a picture of a carrot or cucumber on it, do not press it. :wink:
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Wait what you can get the toilet to just play a flushing sound and not actually flush? O_o
Japanese women get embarassed at the sound of doing a jobbie, ergo they can play a flushing sound to cover it up.

Nice pictures. I want to go to Japan some time. Maybe next year...

Re: Pictures - easy peasy Japan-easy!

Hmm, nice pictures, very nice. Those little statues in the Hasedera temple remind me of anime somehow...
I like Hasedera Temple’s hydrangea garden. The garden is essentially located on the slop of a small hill. A small staircase was built around the hill leading to the summit for garden access. I think they must have some hundreds of varieties (if not thousands) in the garden. Anyway, I nearly missed the ‘three little monks’ statue because it was sort of hidden by the flourished hydrangea plants.
Heh, and that girl in the bottom-right of the Harajuku picture - so Japanese do actually dress up like that :D
Lots of Japanese girls are blond with very funny sense of fashion. Places like Harajuku has more funky looking people than Minato Mirai area.
I also went to Japan not that long ago... Damn I love airports. Anyway, I'll post some pics in this thread later on. 8)
Most of the stores at the airport sell very cute souvenirs. They have great facilities at the airport but not many airport staff knows about them. I had an incident at the airport on the day I left, where I got totally pissed off by the stupidity of the staff because they couldn’t understand English (i.e. what I asked). I was so mad to the point that I ‘complimented’ the information staff that their airport service sucked.
It was when WF was there ;)
Oh, should I be glad that I made everything funny?! :)
Hey WF, no pictures of you this time?
Well, I was on a business trip, traveling alone. I have a picture here taken recently. Hubby took me out for a walk after I had a bad cold, before I flew to Japan three weeks ago.
Cheekybum & Junior