Random Concepts

Recently, I was asked by FSF if I could possibly concept a Shivan vessel for Cerberus. Excited with the thought of a completely new ship featuring in Cerberus, I accepted it as a challenge.

This is my first concept. Not that it is just a 2d concept. I haven't really looked at many Shivan models to properly capture that 3d view, but you kinda get the idea of what I'm looking at:
Dubbed the Ragnorak, it is meant to be a super destroyer. The design is meant to incorporate elements of the Ravana, Sathanas and Moloch, as the picture points out. It has no fighterbay to speak of, bearing a large number of armanents instead. It was designed for offensive operations in mind.

While at it, I also decided to look at concepting a Stealth fighter for Terrans. This was not made for Cerberus in mind, but I thought I'd give it a go. (Note: This was made before the Ragnorak, and therefore, isn't too great).:
I am looking to improve, but happy with at least how the Ragnorak is turning out. Any thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

In rapid succession, I have created a new design, one that I am rather happy with:
Yes, it shares too many similarities with the Perseus. That was probably because I was learning from the Perseus at the time in order to improve my 2d sketching and got sidetracked. It is not meant to be similar to the Perseus.

Anyway, what do you think?

Well, yours are a lot more 3d than mine. I cant quite reach that level without messing up somewhere during the sketching. I find Shivan designs to be rather difficult, but Terrans maybe even more.

What I really had in mind was something along the lines of what the GTF Agias in ED is, but with a fair few changes. Seeing as ED have completed the Agias, I don't think I could create something like that. I'd love to do it though, regardless of ED. But then, if it ever became an actual model, the question would be what to do with it.

I can't draw in 3D though, only in profile :p Dunno what to suggest though. I didn't take arts class at school for these last two years ( not like I actually studied it before when it was still a forced-lesson though ), so have no idea what to suggest :p

Just try doing various random, simple sketches during boring lessons or breaks at school/uni/work/whatever. That should get you what you're aiming for.
Ancient-Shivan War

I haven't been sketching for ages. Only really got back into it.

Seeing as ED has pretty much done what I've been trying to do, that kinda stands in my way of creating my own design. The quality of my sketching also makes the whole thing a bit harder. I'd have to look at the Agias's model up close to more realistically create my design. Can't see that happening though. Nobody will release the model to the public , so I'd have to wait until ED is released.

This is more what I was aiming for:
Right away, you can see a great many similarities to the Agias. But then, you'll notice the differences. I had to study a couple of screenshots to get the basic shape and features mapped out, seeing as no public model exists. Probably my best concept so far.

From here, changes I'd probably make would be the length of the wing. Maybe a tad bit shorter. Unless of course, the different sections are short regardless. And I'd improve the gunbanks. I would've use the design from the previous concept, but I like the Agias's better.

Forged the above picture. Check this one out:
Now this is more like it. :razz:

It took me at least two hours and a bit to make it perfect. Yes, I'm still referring to the 2d style, but I have tried to get some decent 3d shapes in there this time. In my mind, it should very hard to see it as a clone of ED's Agias. In the end, the only similarity will be that it is designed and geared toward being a highly manuveruable and durable interceptor. The GTVA, or whoever they could become, would use it.

What do you think, and who has a name for it?
Last edited by Starwolf1991 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The liberator from Freelancer? I don't quite recall. And yes, I guess it does look like a morphed Valkyrie or Stentor. From this 2d view, you do get that impression. I'm very happy with this one. It captures what I'm really looking for and convinces at least me that it isn't a clone of the GTF Agias.

If only I had 3d modelling skills, I'd try to make an actual model of it for FS.