Yes, that's the character for fire in Chinese. I started practising again. I picked the best writing (in my opinion) from my practice session to share with everyone here so you get to benefit of learning a Chinese word a week :D (I didn't grind the ink block enough that it's a bit blotchy)

The video makes me laugh for days. That's a new language for the future!
Cheekybum & Junior

I would like to see some more extensive ones :) Chances are I already know most of the characters you'll post. Maybe next you can do 水 or 木 :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

I would like to see some more extensive ones :) Chances are I already know most of the characters you'll post. Maybe next you can do 水 or 木 :)
I can do more than those two and actually, simple characters are quite difficult to write. Anyway I can write

木木,

木木,

or

水水 (淼),

if you like :D

EDIT; I showed my Taiwanese friend in the lab a minute ago and she's very impressed - the writing contains strength and beauty.

Now I am really proud :D
Last edited by Wild Fragaria on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheekybum & Junior

EDIT; I showed my Taiwanese friend in the lab a minute ago and she's very impressed - the writing contains strength and beauty.

Now I am really proud :D
Strength and beauty, eh? I should ask for your phone number...

Yeah, I do remember some of the radicals. I can never forget the one relating to something that is under a 'roof', I.E 家
The Expanse. Watch it!