Will this be any good?

Yes (No votes)
No
Total votes: 1 (100%)
Total votes: 1

A new kind of Science Fiction...

I copied this thread over from the DBB (I want to get as many opinions on it as possible).

This is the back cover for a book I'm planning to write. The italicized stuff at the top is the first paragraph of the actual story (I haven't written any more of that yet). I tried to make the back cover Lemony Snicket-esque...
If you’re old enough, you might remember something called humanity. You might remember being a part of it. You might even remember how it was destroyed.

Attention, reader:

The manuscript for this book was received from the future through a time warp. We have not been able to ascertain whether it is an actual memoir or a work of fiction. We have also been unable to decipher the author’s pseudonym. As the story starts only a few years from now, this could, in theory be your own memoir. If this is the case, we unfortunately cannot provide you with any advice on the dangers of disobeying your own actions, including, but not limited to: insane stunts that would surely kill any living creature, winning a holy war that you didn’t start, surviving a three-thousand year long ice age from beginning to end, and referring to lemmings as “a tasty snack”. Read at your own risk.

Sincerely,
The Publisher

The concept is that the characters in the story could be anyone alive today, even the reader. (The reader could be any character as well) Also, the story will be told from first person, as it's supposed to be an autobiography.

Do you think this sounds any good? Or do you think I should devote my energy to something that will turn out better?

Oh, BTW - the story will be called "Victims of Fate".