Ahh, okay. No problem.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Fighter just meaning a small ship. In the realm of Freelancer, and I assume Freespace, a Descent ship would be considered a fighter.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Because of the wonky sense of scale in the Descent games, the Pyro winds up being something like the size of a hang-glider. :P The trilogy of books by Peter Telep described it as being far more sane size-wise, big enough to contain a small cargo hold that the hostages would have been able to fit in.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

I thought we discussed that the hostages, due to their 2D nature, stacked :p I understand what you're saying TG. Perhaps a better class would be light figher, or terrestrial light fighter, not really intended for heavy space combat.
-Steven Wright

NB: if anyone wants the model from the first post, PM me. Untextured max only, and I'll probably release the WIP regardless at some point anyways (I have about 3-5 models from the last few years sitting in that category).