Working the the Upgrade tune...

Ok, just faffing around with stuff for the Freespace Upgrade video, got the first minute of what I'm working on here, based loosely around the FS1 theme, expect the tempo to pick up as I work on it ;)

Edit : See last post for new version. Saves Hunters' Webspace ;)
Last edited by Flipside on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So good I uploaded it twice... :oops:

Edit : Note, this is really more about how it sounds than the tune itself, I'll be playing with the melodies later on in the tune ;)
Last edited by Flipside on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds pretty good, though I'm not a fan of ambient music so much. One suggestion I might make is to increase the overall volume level--I had to double my speakers' volume simply to hear it.
D3 3D Developer

Yeah, that's a problem with Cubase, when I do the final mixdown I normalise the tracks to fix that :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

If you edit your post, you can delete the second attachment, as I have done for you. Very nice sample, and I *am* a big fan of ambient music (as you can tell for those who play Basewars atm...)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Aha, oddly enough, I tried to edit it but couldn't, obviously I missed something. Thanks for fixing that :)
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

hmm...kinda reminds of music from james bond films. i esepcially like the drumloop, very nice job.

"if you want to get through the door, try opening it!"

Actually, they both use exactly the same chord progressions, just in a slightly different time sig, the start is from FS1, which is a 3/4 fitted into a 4/4 timing for 6 bars (6 x 4 = 24 beats which equal 8 bars at faux 3/4) The second part, with the drum loop is the FS2 4/4 version, so you are both right ;)

For those that care, you simply play a basic C chord and walk the G note up or down a semitone for around 80% of the tune ;)

Glad everyone likes it so far :)