Re: Official Shadow Genesis Eyecandy

Of course, this is not special request for uploading stuff for Shadow Genesis. Only my personal appeal for releasing this stuff for public. I'm sure, that other modders are also interested. A lot of mods will benefit on it.
http://sectorgame.com/aldo/lost_souls_old/ - see RAR files

I just deleted the BMP files and zipped up the rest, so it's not organized in any shape or form. I'd also suggest you stick with the .max format files; I'm not sure how up to date any 3ds ones would be (I generally only used them for a reference when texturing). Good hunting.....

Aldo you are SUCH a cool person. :P
If that were true, I'd have got off my fat arse and done it two years ago :)

NB: if anyone is working with the Damocles, I'd strongly suggest taking the fighter bay section (in particular) of the textures, removing the 'glow' layer, and instead baking a new, properly lit map.

NB2: Also, please ignore the impossible physics for that bit. I made it then realised there was pretty much nowhere the fighters could fit in....

OMG, this is pretty AWESOME stuff Aldo :D! It will be very useful in my project. Thanks for uploading!

BTW. Are you going to upload flower-like Nightmare cruiser?
Yes - when I get the chance, and at my laptop (stranded in a university office due to weather-induced train cancellations)

For some reason I thought I already had, actually. Not sure why.

Sadly, we will likely have to wait a while for an English translation, supposedly being Polish first. I want to play this. :) Also, the FS main campaign should get high quality backgrounds like this. That nebulae and those planets are top notch and have detail of which I have never seen in FSO. Seems even better than BP backgrounds with more detail. It's breathtaking.

Sadly, we will likely have to wait a while for an English translation, supposedly being Polish first. I want to play this. :) Also, the FS main campaign should get high quality backgrounds like this. That nebulae and those planets are top notch and have detail of which I have never seen in FSO. Seems even better than BP backgrounds with more detail. It's breathtaking.
Thanks :P. Polish version will be released first on polish forum for... Testing purposes :). I wanna release 100% bug-free and well balanced mod to provide the highest quality level for my mod. Don't worry, english version will be released later but will be much better than polish one :D.

OMG, this is pretty AWESOME stuff Aldo :D! It will be very useful in my project. Thanks for uploading!

BTW. Are you going to upload flower-like Nightmare cruiser?
It should be on the previously linked directory within about 10 mins of this post. Sorry for the delay - have some stuff on my plate.

We have 30 missions and 1,5gb of files done. 8 missions to finish, few weapons to fix, balancing issues and a few bugs in weapons.tbl. Mod is 90% done.

Green beams are nice. I don't understand why people changes beam colors in their mods. Green beams are very advanced technology. Anyway we have advanced beams:
This is HEGreen, the best weapon created by the GTVA. Unfortunately, it's in very early stage of development, and currently it's exclusive for Anchorage class superdestroyers, equiped with 2 special reactors. GTVA capships are using other weapons than beams, including Zanithe Tactical Plasma Cannons and various types of torpedoes.