Re: Official Shadow Genesis Eyecandy

I'll have a word with Hunter about resetting my FTP password and uploading the unconverted models etc - I think even the converted stuff suffered from some max2pof related errors. The Damocles, at the least, was pretty close to done. Not sure about the other Nightmare stuff.

Might take a while though.

That would be great :D. I was thinking that you lost whole LS stuff. Every LS-related stuff is welcome and would be very useful in Shadow Genesis or in hipotetical part 2.
I think it's either on my old computer, or an old external HDD. If so, I'll have to hook them up, transfer the stuff to a portable HD and upload it from my office (decent connection). But it'll involve some huge files; the PSD files stretch to over 100mb I believe, and really anyone converting the model would need those to create proper bump and specular maps.

But I'll see what's there when I get a chance. The Damocles should be - converted but not fully setup (or fully tested). The Claymore and the-transport-whose-name-I-forget were ready to go; not sure if those two were ever released. I think the Nightmare vessels (bomber, fighter) were all restricted to a single completed LOD though; and the capships (cruiser and carrier) were never put ingame.

Still, if anyone wants to use it, it'd be silly not to find a way to make it available.

Our team is able to do everything including LODs, debris and also converting maps. We would have problems only with models in .max format. I'm not sure about converting them to .3ds or .dae, it's still risk of loosing uvmapping. Would be great if you provide models in .3ds or .dae format, but we can also work on .max files with help from people outside the team. We heard about Claymore and Wyvern, but you didn't released them.

We'll finish and test everything again and maybe improve some models [glowpoints etc.]. The most important things for us are other Nightmares models and Damocles. At this moment, we have Selkie, Chnubis, Hestia and two Nightmare fighters. Don't worry - we are not Inferno, we won't change everything :D.

Our team is able to do everything including LODs, debris and also converting maps. We would have problems only with models in .max format. I'm not sure about converting them to .3ds or .dae, it's still risk of loosing uvmapping. Would be great if you provide models in .3ds or .dae format, but we can also work on .max files with help from people outside the team. We heard about Claymore and Wyvern, but you didn't released them.

We'll finish and test everything again and maybe improve some models [glowpoints etc.]. The most important things for us are other Nightmares models and Damocles. At this moment, we have Selkie, Chnubis, Hestia and two Nightmare fighters. Don't worry - we are not Inferno, we won't change everything :D.
I should have 3ds, but I'll be uploading the full development files as much as size permits - that is, the max files, 3ds files, psd files, DDS files and any existing tbl or pofs. The Claymore, Wyvern and Damocles are converted I think (BUT not fully tested - I've been told quite a few of my older models have collision problems from the max2pof convertor). Of those, the former 2 might actually be fully ready - I'm not 100% sure. The nightmare cruiser, carrier, fighter and bomber were only ever done at the first level of detail, so they will need LODed and debris-fields made. There were also never put in game or scaled AFAIK, so I think someone will need to use the max file for them.

This is being uploaded for general use, I hope you understand.

Anyway, I will probably do something about it this weekend. Been a busy week so far.