Quake Longplay + New Channel

I've just uploaded a longplay of the original QUAKE, which I've never played before. This is for a brand new channel called 'Linux Longplays' where I'll be doing a series of longplays.. on Linux.
I find it is easier to focus on this format, since 'Lets Play' style gaming requires a relatively peaceful and quiet environment, neither of which I have in abundance.

I expect to be completing anywhere between 3~4 games per month on this new channel. My next longplay will be 'Star Trek Elite Force', another game I've never played (though I played the second one).

If anyone has ideas for games to play, let me know. I am mainly interested in focusing on 90's and early 2000's PC games. Modern games don't really interest me, and even if they do, I don't have a computer strong enough to both play and record them in high quality.

PS: Those big white bear-like monsters are so cute, haha.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Quake Longplay + New Channel

This era of gaming is so different to todays. I should just permanently reminisce :badgrin:

You mentioned in the youtube description about the choppy-ness, it really does make it hard to watch in parts. And the soundtrack is missing.. SACRILEGE! :shock: It'd be nice to see a contents list in the description too with bookmarks on the video for each level.

I enjoyed Elite Force 1 and 2. Good games. I'd recommend Ds9 The Fallen including the mod "Convergence"

Games I don't recommend include Total Annihilation, Diablo, Star Trek Armada 1 and 2!

Re: Quake Longplay + New Channel

Is that not the soundtrack in the background? That is the only one provided. It's a little lower than game audio, but you can hear it..

It's weird looking back at this game now, because it's so fast paced. I'm doing Unreal after Elite Force, so we'll see how it goes.

I vaguely remember the The Fallen. But I don't plan on playing any mods, as it happens. I want to play only the vanilla games (and expansions perhaps) for the time being. The only mods I will use are the ones required to get it running in an acceptable resolution.
The Expanse. Watch it!