Just incase anyone who missed it...

Those of you who randomly lurk these forums (but not HLP or the Descent forums) might have missed this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... dom-shoote

Overload is the next Descent game from the original Descent creators. Ofcourse, it's not called Descent because Descendent Studios received the rights to use the name.
I really dislike the fact that Interplay and the Volition (or Parallax, however you wanna call them) after all these years still can't come to an agreement.
And the fact that INTERPLAY haven't paid the royalties from sales of Descent for nearly 10 years to Parallax Software really sucks.

But this project deserves our support. Throw some backer money their way and flip Interplay off while your at it :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Just incase anyone who missed it...

I really dislike the fact that Interplay and the Volition (or Parallax, however you wanna call them) after all these years still can't come to an agreement. And the fact that INTERPLAY haven't paid the royalties from sales of Descent for nearly 10 years to Parallax Software really sucks.
Aren't Interplay managed by a different group of people now? Thought that would've at least made a difference :? So how does en entity get away with not paying royalties? especially for so long?

I agree. I have to say from the get go it felt like a Descent game, whereas Underground did not and still doesn't. I love the Descendent team, especially Wingman, but their game is very different from what I was expecting. I am sure it will have it's place in the Descent series and be worthy to the name - But Overload is where I'll be focusing my attention to be honest. Underground feels like a Descent game made by fans - The ships (or drones) look more like they belong in space games. They keep going on about it being a 'AAA' title, but fancy graphics isn't where it's all at.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
The Expanse. Watch it!

That sounds about right. My playtime is woefully low to fairly talk about D:U, however I feel as though your thoughts hit the nail on the head.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I think this version is supposed to fix that. I know you could assign directions to the hat, but the in between directions weren't working. That is: You can slide up or left, but not up/left.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

Awesome!

Overload feels like Descent. Keep in mind there's a bug in the final version of the teaser where the joystick max. rotational velocity is slower than mouse.
-Steven Wright