I just finished ODST ...
I never did finish Halo :CE... the swarm (or whatever they were called) were a bit too icky for me...
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

D:

But the Flood are one of the most fun and awesome parts of the game! Well, the Gravemind is, at least. The Flood were kind of irritating, in a gameplay sense. Even then, they add an awesome atmosphere. You get used to it, but it's still there.
Collector of Campaigns

D:

But the Flood are one of the most fun and awesome parts of the game! Well, the Gravemind is, at least. The Flood were kind of irritating, in a gameplay sense. Even then, they add an awesome atmosphere. You get used to it, but it's still there.
I always found the covenent more engaging. Although, Elites were much better than Brutes. ODST would have been much better if it had been the Elites. Would have fitted into the timeline better too. :)

We know the Brutes and Elites had been chafing for years. Decades even. Remember that the big split happens during the events of Halo 2, which are more or less concurrent with ODST. I think the assumption is that Brutes made up a large part of the Prophet of Regret's fleet, considering all the Brutes we find with him later.
Collector of Campaigns

I finished the game earlier today. I have to say that I had more challenge from the Covenant than the flood... The little critters that pop are easily dispatched with the rifle, and melee'd to save ammo. Perhaps it was the shotgun, but the zombies were rather easy to take apart... It was rather annoying how I could take out three of them with a single shotgun blast, but I needed to empty a clip from the rifle to take out a zombie and a half.

It would likely kill the atmosphere, but I wanted to kill the Monitor at the end... It got within range a couple times, but after it didn't have a scratch after emptying a clip into it, I decided it was better to ignore it.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

I've started playing through the Halo 2 SP. I think the reviews of it were accurate.

"Oh hey! The flood. I remember you guys!. Ooo... more flood...

flood... they charge in....

more flood...more direct charges... And they nerfed the shotgun... Hmm...."

Admiteedly being able to play as the Elite guy is cool too.
-Steven Wright

I'm considering it, but it depends greatly on what else comes out around that time. There are rumors of another DoW2 expansion and Space Marine, which I'll probably get more mileage out of than another Halo at this point.
Both an expansion and a sequel have been confirmed, in fact (unless you already are factoring in Retribution, which was apparently confirmed about august?).

Have to say (from the demo) I could never get into either DoW game; must be something to do with that style of RTS, I have the same problem with the likes of Ground Control 2 and Men of War.

I already have the first expansion for DoW2. That's why I said "another".
But Retribution is the second expansion.... or expandalone, to be precise.

Anybody have a spare 360 and Halo 3 that they would be willing to barrow to me? I finished Halo 2, (ended a bit abruptly, that or I just wanted to keep playing), and I want to play the next one, but I'm too cheap, and I don't have the funds to buy a console and a single game that I'll play in SP only.
-Steven Wright