*Toilet flush noise*
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Re: Halo 3

NO! FIghting emedded snipers is not fun. IT'S f#####g TEDIOUS!!
Whatever happened to level design ??
What? How can you say getting one-shot-killed by snipers ain't fun? It's what made the game. I loved the feeling that you couldn't go out into the open without instantly dying. It was a flawless design choice.

Wow. I think that that's the first time I've ever seen Poe's law applied to a video game.

Then again, you're kind of in a religion if you like Halo. :razz:
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Level design... hm.. that's something that disappeared a few years ago me thinks. Not to say that most modern games don't look good, because they look f#####g awesome... Just a sheer majority of them seem to lack something in the way they are presented.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Mortars and snipers can be very effective, if used properly.

Though, since snipers can't normally get a one-shot, they're not used very often.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Snipers can't usually get proper range and field of view. And when you do, some soldier blows you to bits from a mile away with his super-accurate assault rifle. Waitwut?

Anyone here play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars?
And should this be here or in Playsector, as it is about Gaems but it is a rant. Herm.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Anyway, I finished Halo3 on legendary just now. It was okay, better than #2, but I still prefer the original. Other than one or two spots were I died quite often, such as the motor-pool in crow's nest, it was fairly easy.

Granted, Scarabs were pretty sweet and finally I could shoot down Covenent Dropships!

I just finished ODST and y'know what I actually quite liked it. Even the night time sneaky sections which were really just an elaberate mission select sequence.

Only bit that really bothered me was it didn't really matter if the ODSTs saved New Mombassa or not as the important stuf was bing done by the Master Chief elsewhere. That and they were too similar to the MC ie; beingf able to remove turreted guns.