New Album - Operation: Otter

Based on the music from D1 and the D2 redbook soundtrack, among other things. A CD insert is included in powerpoint format, which uses some WIP screenshots (of the D2X-XL mission this music is for) for backgrounds. The CD Insert explains some of the thought and ideas behind each song, how it got its name, and/or other things. Basically like Lyris's website.

All these songs were composed as midi files, and then mastered with synths and effects in FL Studio (Fruity Edition). Unfortunately, I don't have most of the original midis anymore... they were lost when my laptop crashed.

The songs are from levels 1-22 of the mission, and then the level 25 song at the end. There are 21 songs in total, because one of them (track 7), plays on three different levels (for all the boss levels except the last one. There are/will be four).

It's a large download, because I didn't want to reduce the quality of the songs like I did on my previous album (G-Force).

Unfortunately, the music is a bit quiet, because the soundcard on my laptop isn't powerful enough to render the songs at a high volume without distortion. Once my family gets a new desktop computer, I may be able to dig out the old Audigy 4 soundcard I bought a few years ago, but until then...

You may have to turn up your computer's volume to hear the songs properly, but don't let that discourage you.

A little extra: If you look at the comments on each song, it says the name of the level that the music is on. Some of the level and song names are references to Magic: The Gathering, DragonLance, and some sci-fi novels, I think. It's hard to keep track of it all.

The entire album is about 1 hour and 43 minutes long.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.

http://www.filedropper.com/operationotter