Aliens Vs Predator Demo

Came out on the 4th, I think

It's out on xBox 360, PS3, and PC. I've been playing it a lot recently, has anyone else given it a try?

It's a pretty interesting game so far, if a revamp of the older classics, but I may get it. Alien is just so darned fun, and Predator is pretty satisfying.

It's a little infuriating that Demo only has Deathmatch, and on one map though.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

The game has serious performance issues. It makes it kind of hard to form a solid opinion when it runs like complete baldr crap on the lowest settings.

*sigh*

I guess I'll finally be forced to upgrade, if this is a sign of things to come.

-----

From a gameplay perspective, the terrans seem woefully underpowered. I guess if you set up an auto-balance feature, then it would be feasible to play as one. As it stands, the aliens (being ~10 feet in front of you) can run behind you, turn around, and then literally rape you before you can get a decent shot off. [/hyperbole]
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

The game has serious performance issues. It makes it kind of hard to form a solid opinion when it runs like complete baldr crap on the lowest settings.

-----

From a gameplay perspective, the terrans seem woefully underpowered. I guess if you set up an auto-balance feature, then it would be feasible to play as one. As it stands, the aliens (being ~10 feet in front of you) can run behind you, turn around, and then literally rape you before you can get a decent shot off. [/hyperbole]
Really? I havent had any lag at all, mind you I upgraded recently.
My main peeve about it would be the whole console-y interface, I don't really think it's very appealing.

And that is probably true about marines. You want to try and get the Smart Gun. Following that, get your back against the wall, check the roof at all times, and camp your ass off.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'

Camping is a bad strategy for a Marine. There's far too many threats and the maps were optimized to keep it from being terribly viable for anyone. You want long lanes of fire and as open areas. as you can find.
The main thing you need is teamwork.
That's where the deathmatch demo falls down D:

Mind you on that map in an open area a lone marine is another back for me to sunder.