You don't play any first person shooters? Because there are quite a few good ones out there.
"Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny, and old wounds open all too easily."

Personally, and maybe it's just me, but playing a game to "think" is the last thing I want to do in my downtime. I'd rather blow s### up. :P
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

You don't play any first person shooters? Because there are quite a few good ones out there.
Playing them? Yeah sure. But only SP. That's not uncommon in EVE. Wanting people who play Counterstrike to have a significant impact on soverignity standings we've all fought and bleed and carried on for for years? Ahahahahaha you're f#####g nuts.
IAR
A Numbered Existence
In The Service
Monsters
SAMAS

If only PVP battles were that slick, I wouldn't hesitate to join. Mind you I'm not sure why I haven't yet.

I suppose I want something with combat a bit more like X3. Or FS2. Even Freelancer. I know Matthew may catch fire at such a statement :P

I know I would do well in and enjoy the thinker's aspect of EVE, I'd just like involved and twitchy combat.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

Playing them? Yeah sure. But only SP. That's not uncommon in EVE. Wanting people who play Counterstrike to have a significant impact on soverignity standings we've all fought and bleed and carried on for for years? Ahahahahaha you're f#####g nuts.
Surely you'd have to wait and see exactly what Dust was/is like before judging?

That's absolutely true, but I think what he was getting at is the daunting prospect of the lolwut console community getting their blood-encrusted hands on the EVE universe. While I think decent integration with the EVE universe would be a great thing, it would inevitably prise open the floodgates to unleash a tide of stupidity on the galaxy.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

That's absolutely true, but I think what he was getting at is the daunting prospect of the lolwut console community getting their blood-encrusted hands on the EVE universe. While I think decent integration with the EVE universe would be a great thing, it would inevitably prise open the floodgates to unleash a tide of stupidity on the galaxy.
Stupidity = money for others. SO I say let the stupidity reign!

It's a console FPS. It's going to impact our ability to hold space in a PC-only game that is inhabited by people who enjoy and in most cases stay for the non-twitch combat.
Ahahahahaha you're f#####g nuts.
a) What has the 'console' part of FPS got to do with anything?
b) Fair point, but AFAIK the exact mechanics of how the two games interact is yet to be revealed.... are we not perhaps talking here about replacing an abstract numbers game with something a little more concrete, anyways?

It's a console FPS. It's going to impact our ability to hold space in a PC-only game that is inhabited by people who enjoy and in most cases stay for the non-twitch combat.
Ahahahahaha you're f#####g nuts.
a) What has the 'console' part of FPS got to do with anything?
b) Fair point, but AFAIK the exact mechanics of how the two games interact is yet to be revealed.... are we not perhaps talking here about replacing an abstract numbers game with something a little more concrete, anyways?
a) Because EVE is a PC game and releasing DUST for Console when the followers are PC is fail.
b) Eve is abstract numbers and FPSes are concrete? LOL!!