God damn Eve is pretty. I guess it goes to show that despite all the work that's gone into the FSO engine there're some things that are just done better by a more modern engine.

Incidentally, that space station is very cool.
TI - Coming in 2011 - Promise!
:flag9:
"Everyone has to wear clothes, and if you don't, you get arrested!" - Mr. T

Anyone who signs up for EVE to see the prettiness can join my corp! /ad

Yes EVE is pretty, but that's not the only virtue... But yet it is extremely good-looking, and as a new player it simply mezmerizes you.

Very pretty, and yet I still don't have any reason to play...

When it comes to games, I want to buy it once. None of this 'buy it once but then have to continue paying to have the privilege of playing a game that I purchased"... Perhaps in the case of EvE it's just that you're paying again and again for a game. Once I buy a game I shouldn't have to pay again...

Certainly it's a big cash cow for the company and "provides a super-duper game experience" but I'll live somehow not continuously paying a company for the privilege to play a game.

I don't think I can overly belabor the point.
"If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"
-Steven Wright

haha is that SiSi or are you smashing supercaps in your spare time hunter? :P

how much do the new planets lag fleet warps n stuff

look great though
:smash:
:flag45:

Many gamers buy a new game for their XBOX or PS3 every month or so - So, that sets them back about $50 for a game that only lasts 8-10 hours. EVE is a game that, if you are content with, you can play indefinitely for years without ever having to pick up another game - all the while saving money. IMHO EVE provides an experience unlike any other MMO I have seen (despite what Zero Punctuation has to say on the subject) and is a lot cheaper than buying a new game every month. Heck, even if you buy only 5 games a year your still paying more than you would with a EVE subscription.

Oh and btw, you can use INGAME currency to pay for EVE - You don't even need to pay real cash if you've got the ISK.
The Expanse. Watch it!

In EVE the money you spend on it means something, it doesn't just go away when the level ends. Does that $50 (60 or even 70 now!) game that you bought do that?

Oh, you can pay with in-game money? That's interesting.
Yeah, it may be cheaper for many people, but I'm like, really damn cheap. I buy on average 0.5 games per year, and subsist by modding the f### out of every game I have so by the end of it, I rack up 50+ hours on it. (Hell, I got 37 Hours on the SW:EaW Demo (which was free), 515 on the full game ($60), and a further 335 hours on its expansion ($30)!)

And that's only when I remembered to log onto XFire to track my hours. I'm guessing I have ~100 more unlogged between the three.

I play -way- more than 8-10 hours per game.
I don't own a console because I know it's waste of money. If I can't get at least 20 hours out of a game, I consider myself a failure.
Believes in 3DPD. Loli is not a crime. A cat is fine too.
War of the Squids | Not Tom Clancy's | Ice Cream | Bosch Beer