The X3 Documentation is a bit ropey anyway, it's just an edited X2 manual and isn't 100% accurate.

Worse still, the expansions etc are famous for having incomplete documentation, and being very difficult to use unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time reading Forum threads from the Modding community.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

Thing is, you can theoretically progress in the game without directing in vast amounts of combat, but that's only really possible if you are really patient.

It tried to become Oblivion in space in some ways, with the same 'not completed' feel to it at release. Odd since both of them rely heavily on community expansion.
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

I have Reunion, and want to get Terran Conflict, and dearly want to love them, but I just... uuuggggggggh...
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

It's hard work at first, I must admit, sometimes I just lose patience and use the Cheat scripts to give my player enough cash to get started with a cheap factory, because I can't be bothered with trading for ages at the start of the game,.

My only other complaint is how difficult it is to equip ships, most Equipment docks are almost permanently out of stock, and decent weapon factories are usually at the other end of the universe :(

I think I've always had some sort of mental block against trying economy-based space games. They always seemed to me like someone was taking the incredibly fascinating concept of widespread diverse fleets of spaceships...and then superimposing on that concept some of the more banal, mundane, everyday sort of drudgery that we humans participate in on a daily basis. Compare that to a more traditional space sim like FS or Wing Commander, which takes the fascinating concept of widespread diverse fleets of spaceships and tries to replicate something like the kickass awesome and win found in something like Star Wars, and I know which I'd rather be playing. :P
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

No, I'm just saying that, at least in my own humble opinion, interjecting something as soul-crushingly boring as running trade routes and worrying about exchange rates into a bunch of kickass spaceships that should instead be blowing the hell out of each other is a crying shame. :P
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

To be honest, the actual setting up trade routes and finding customers etc is a fun challenge, once you get outside the 'doing it yourself' stage.

I have no problem with the idea of buying a freighter, ordering it to buy Energy Cells, and to drop them off at my newly created station. What I do have a problem with, is having to fly the damn thing myself ;) Once or twice is fine, but it does get repetitive.

It's just getting into it. I'm sure I'd love the games if I could get into them, but at the moment the initial drudgery is so offputting that I find myself turning to mindless alternatives all too easily.
'Memory and imagination are but one thing, which for diverse considerations, have diverse names'
¦- F R E D E N T H U S I A S T -¦

I have to admit I have dropped it in order to finally finish Fallout 3, for the moment. Until I get bored of Fallout and move onto something else. And I still have Streetfighter 4 goading me with it's stupid unfairness.