Lost models, lost souls

(EDITED with some updates)

Pretty much everything I made that hasn't been shown before;

Landscape for a TV War minicampaign;

There was going to be an installation + trench run added in the middle. One thing to observe is that it actually got pretty fugly close-in to the 'land' due to texture pixellation
Carrier planned for LS - this would be recovered as a derelict and repaired
Obviously BSG influenced, and obviously incomplete. I had planned that each of the armour plates on top of the 'ribs' would be destructible subobjects. After - if - it was completed, a 'distressed' version would be made with substantial surface damage, patched in but never repaired in later missions. This would become the player base once their own destroyer was lost.
Nightmare bomber ('Ghoul')
In case it's not obvious, the 'jaws' house the lasers - and are inspired by the starship troopers bugs
Nightmare cruiser
I'm quite proud of the texture for the inside of the 'petals' on this one. Was actually inspired somewhat by tulips/orchids.
Nightmare Carrier ('Vampire')
Aka the killer prawn. Really intended to look as alien as possible, the exact inspiration escapes me. Fighters launch through a tube in the front and are 'grown' inside. The transparent section was originally going to show/indicate a sort of carrier 'foetus', but I dropped that idea at some point.
Nightmare med fighter ('Banshee')
This was the first nightmare HTL model I made, so it's pretty low poly and not too imaginative
Nightmare light fighter (note; semi-transparent with pulsing glowmaps)
At one point this was going to phase in/out of actual subspace tunnels, but that idea was dropped as it was too hard to explain in game terms. you might be able to make out a rather low detail 'spine' inside the model
Nightmare space superiority ('Phantasm')
The last (sniff) Nightmare model I ever made, after several dropped designs. Intended to indicate a hard shiny carapace over the 'head', which has 3 small eyes / lasers underneath.
None of these models ever got past completing LOD 0, except for the light fighter - which is very low poly and designed for swarming. Translucency at selected points was going to be a feature of Nightmare craft, although it's only apparent on the carrier and light fighter.
Last edited by aldo on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd be very interested to know who uploaded that without asking or telling me, then, because I never intended to release or even show anything when LS was cancelled.

I thought you uploaded them? Or, who worked on LS? Moreso, is LS coming back to life or you're just posting these pics to make us drool till you make an unexpected modeldump?
I don't remember uploading them (certainly not itentionally) - at one point I was considering freezing LS rather than cancelling it outright and wanted to keep them under wraps. It's possible someone got crossed wires and thought they were meant to be released, I suppose - the mod staff were all trustworthy people I've known for a while after all (except, I think, one person who joined and seemingly never returned).

It's (LS) definitely stone dead now, though.