Sins Of A Solar Empire

Sort of a cross between Homeworld (space RTS), Supreme Commander (zoom out to see the whole galaxy, zoom back into a single ship/battle fluidly) and Galactic Civillisations (cultural domination, diplomacy, bribery type elements akin to a '4X' game)

I bought it. it's quite good (from a half hour lunchtime dabble and quick review read). Methinks it may be my next modding destination :)

I discovered it a few days ago. I must say I was very inspired. I wish I had my computer right now, this laptop just isn't powerful enough to run it. So I'm going to have to live with watching videos! :(
The Expanse. Watch it!

I discovered it a few days ago. I must say I was very inspired. I wish I had my computer right now, this laptop just isn't powerful enough to run it. So I'm going to have to live with watching videos! :(
Is your computer being shipped over or summat?

Well, if you're in Seoul you've probably got as good a chance getting it as someone in the UK does (if not better); there's no european publisher (I had to import, which cost a fair bob) but there is an Ozzie (and thus potentially Asia-Pacific) one.

No European publisher? Can it be downloaded?
Yeah; $45 (collectors edition only, which er has stuff you can print out as if it were in the collectors edition box). Of course, it's a Stardock game (who are a really good company for this IMO), which means no copy protection for unscrupulous types... also means no patches and no mod support though.

I, being completely insane, bought the DL version and also (for $5 + $20 shipping) the accompanying box. Which was £35. A lot, but if this lasts as long as FS2 did, well worth it.

Read about this the other day in GameInformer at work. (Tho the edition was old and said the game would be out in a few months) Certainly looked interesting.

Re: Sins Of A Solar Empire

Sort of a cross between Homeworld (space RTS), Supreme Commander (zoom out to see the whole galaxy, zoom back into a single ship/battle fluidly) and Galactic Civillisations (cultural domination, diplomacy, bribery type elements akin to a '4X' game)

I bought it. it's quite good (from a half hour lunchtime dabble and quick review read). Methinks it may be my next modding destination :)
Hey, when did you buy that?! I thought you have enough to do and play already...

He's pretending to be busy I tells ya!
Is your computer being shipped over or summat?
Nope, at least there are no plans to do that right now since my parents are using that computer these days.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Re: Sins Of A Solar Empire

Hey, when did you buy that?! I thought you have enough to do and play already...
One can never have enough games.

One also never has enough time.

One is a big numpty.

That's a drone chase-cam view I believe. You can view it however you like - as is similar with most space-strategy games, in chase-cam or third person view.
The Expanse. Watch it!