Re: Shining Dust

Shining Dust

Pwnage! :D
im afraid your music does not pwn...

but this one could be worked with. change some instruments and maybe it could sound good...
i like it, but it does not pwn. maybe i will make my own version of it in impulse tracker... if thats ok with you.

No, thats not ok with me, because that song has a specific genre and i am not going to go changing insturments, and frankly if you want me to change insturments i am not interested in whatever your going to cook up with my song.

But, out of curiousity, just what insturments need changing? (If you say piano, go pay for your funeral)
Erik McClure

PIANO

ok not really, but i think if you added something to accompany it around the end of the song, it would sound better...

what i dont like is that, uh, whats it called?
well it is in the VERY beginning of the song and plays alot. gives it a techno feel from the start but just grabs any seriousness out of the song and tears it apart

...*sigh* im no musical genius (never said i was) and im never good at explainations.

no, i did NOT cover up my saying PIANO just because YOU say its good. i dunno what else would sound good with that if it were all by itself...

but also that piano has absolutely no chords!

of COURSE the piano doesn't have any chords - the other insturments provide them. Its a common practice. Perhaps i could have put in a few but it wasn't a completely piano oriented song.

...You don't like my square? :( that was my inspiration for the entire song! *sigh*...

I'm currently trying to make a full piano sonata but its difficult. Ugh.
Erik McClure

well it doesnt need to be full of chords, maybe one here or there.
they arent necessary, but usually a piano in a piece would have chords. sounds good enough as it is.

i guess its the square that i dont like. the tune is ok but i really dont like the square. or maybe its just i dont think the tune and the square mix well. i dunno.

Mmmm, I think it sounds too electro-poppy for my tastes, what with the 'boops' and synth.
'boops'...

would that be the square? (just a yes/no question plz dont hit me *hunkers down in fear*)