Me & Computer Games (CGs)

It's really strange, but for the past 18 months I've almost completely lost interest in games, wether it's PC or Consoles. I still play them fairly often, but it's SNES/GC/X-Box stuff. Old stuff nowadays. I've been into CGs for as long as I can remember from Amstrad CPC464, Sega Master System, SuperNES, PlayStation, N64, PC, GameCube, PS2 and X-Box.

The last release I was honestly excited about was Halo or the months prior to Thief3, Doom3 and Deus Ex2. Even the latest Zelda (Twilight Princess) failed to inspire any meaningfull interest, though I will, no doubt, get it eventually. Although the SG "Lan do" and Unreal Tornament2004 was a brief exception. Money hasn't really been a problem as I've spent (best guess) £3k on cars (buying cars, parts, attending shows, meets etc) in the past 2 years.

Got an N64 just before Bank Holidays which I'm looking forward to having but as regards new stuff I honestly don't really care. My lack of PC interest is obvious in that my money has gone into Mantas, College, Real life etc and my circa 1999/2000 PC is heavily obsolete. Being busted down to 56k dial-up also didn't help.

Even modding FS doesn't appeal to me, though that's probably because I haven't kept pace with the Source Code developments (things like POF editing, appropiate file formats etc).
Haven't played FS in over 2 years (give ot take a couple of months). Time was I'd go on HLP atleast a couple of times a day now I'm on maybe 2, 3 times a month.
Has anyone noticed I haven't posted a WIP since I've-no-idea-when ?

I'm not about to jump off a bridge or anything but I thought I'd share my confusion with you guys.
Last edited by CIH on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's not confusion, that's life. Things come and go, phases arrive and pass. Maybe now you're passing onto new things, and the flame and passion for games is just gradually fading away, to be locked into a treasure box - all in all good memories, but to remain unopened for a long time. At least, that's how I see my own feelings regarding computer games these days. I too, don't really have any interest in gaming (much) now. I'm retiring from EVE, rarely play Descent or Freespace, and have little to no interest in new games - although I get spur of the movement "quick, gotta play that!" phases - That doesn't last very long. It also seems that new games don't capture the magic very often ... Not for me anyway. Halo, Unreal, Quake... all the new releases of those don't appeal to me whatsoever.
The Expanse. Watch it!

I think i have outgrown video games

someone please help
The only games I have interest in anymore are those oldschool games I played as a young kid (FS 1/2 etc) and the ones I write myself. Even they are just mildly entertaining . I just have totally lost interest. My social life has expanded greatly my senior year, and I really dont have much time or any use for them anymore. Every spare moment of my weekends and weekdays are occupied with work or friends. I guess I should be sort of thankful....
http://www.game-warden.com/

I think i have outgrown video games

someone please help
The only games I have interest in anymore are those oldschool games I played as a young kid (FS 1/2 etc) and the ones I write myself. Even they are just mildly entertaining . I just have totally lost interest. My social life has expanded greatly my senior year, and I really dont have much time or any use for them anymore. Every spare moment of my weekends and weekdays are occupied with work or friends. I guess I should be sort of thankful....
Get your ass back into eve :razz:

Take your time, we'll hang around as long as we could, possibly do something to make SG more fun while awaiting for your return :D
Oooh-errr, missus

:D