N64

I'm trying to decide if it's worth dropping the £30 or so for an N64. The games I've got on the "worth 'avin" list are (now updated):

Mario64
F-Zero
Lylat Wars/Starfox
Goldeneye
Wave Race

Possabilites:-

Perfect Dark - never actually played this
PilotWings - ditto
Zelda Majora's Mask (I have Ocarina on GC)
V Rally
Body Harvest

And If I can get it cheap and for nostalga value only:-

Doom64
Blast Corps
Shadows of the Empire
Turok
Buck Bumble
Diddy Kong Racing
Top Gear Rally
Turok 1 & 2
Killer Instinct

Have I missed anything ?
Last edited by CIH on Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've never played Pilotwings, but I loved TGR. Diddy Kong I'm not sure about vs Mario Kart. I'd recommend the obscure Body Harvest by DMA Design (now Rockstar North), which set the template for the GTA 3d games and placed you in a series of tanks, boats and planes travelling across time to blow up giant insects.

Never really got into F-Zero, though.

I still have a bunch of US N64 games (we had a Japanese console) sitting around, I think.

Just the one thing eh? ;)

If you enjoy it, you'd need not ask why you have to drop money on it. If you don't want to spend it, don't.. :)
The Expanse. Watch it!

If you can find it, I'd highly recommend Jet Force Gemini, which is supposed to be one of the most underrated games on the 64. It's an entertaining third-person-shooter by Rare with a fantastic soundtrack. I'm also noticing a disturbing lack of Mario Kart 64 on that list, and Majora's Mask should definitely be top-tier.
A.K.A. Mongoose, for you HLP denizens

If you can find it, I'd highly recommend Jet Force Gemini, which is supposed to be one of the most underrated games on the 64. It's an entertaining third-person-shooter by Rare with a fantastic soundtrack. I'm also noticing a disturbing lack of Mario Kart 64 on that list, and Majora's Mask should definitely be top-tier.
They ruined MK with the 64 version. Diddy Kong Racing was far superior.

I am serious.... DK had more checkpoints than MK64, and I'm still tempted to get the DS version, but it was so much more soulless... and don't get me started on f#####g Pipsqueak!

All the other racers cheated in MK. And FZero for that matter. Really gets up my bum when a game artifically stops you from developing a lead.

Luigi (the twat) would hit half a dozen obstacles during the course of a race, I'd hit one towards the end and get beaten. That use to really piss me off.

Not EVERY game. Although those 2 are very hard to win. I agree. Focurse, i'm referring the DS version of MK and the gameboy advanced version of FZero, but still.