Themes on an idea...

Ok, these were done as 'inspiration' I suppose, I'm sort of working on one of about 10 gazillion 'projects' that have knocking around inside my head. The general idea is background music for a city-builderesque game, which I won't tell you more about because it'll probably never get finished anyway, so there's no point ;)

Anyway, to help inspire ideas for the game, I decided to get writing some background music for it, I could at least see if anything that came out was any use.

Anyway, I toyed around for most of 2 days and came up with the following two tracks. Thought I'd share them with you guys :)
Attachments
Conf1.ogg
A more Industrial ethos to this one, possibly a bit too post Industrial for what I had in mind, but still useable somewhere.
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 209 times
Conf2.ogg
A 3/4 'Rural' feel to this one, good for farmland or something(?).
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 210 times

Ahh yes it's very builderescque. GET BACK ERE ROBIN HOOD. But now I'm interested, are you contracted out for this game, or it's just a freelance project? :)

PS: Can't believe how dead SG is right now. Never seen it this bad.
The Expanse. Watch it!

Hehehe, just a pipe-dream at the moment, something I'd like to do in my spare time once I get more proficient at programming. Even if I just work out all the data structures and 'plan' it while I'm at Uni, it's less to do later ;)

If nothing else, the ideas I have for the whole way the game is presented would be a challenge, particuarly from a database management point of view. Since, rather than building a 'one size fits all' city, I'd like to be able to send out explorers and find complete new maps, so you might be building a farming city in one area and building a mining village 30-40km away in the mountains as well. So you can manage an entire kingdom of villages, cities and towns from the Capital.
Basically, even villagers would gain skills from their jobs and advance. So, as I said, a lot of data management structure to be sorted out :/
Check out my music on my YouTube channel :

https://www.youtube.com/user/PRDibble/videos

SG r dead.

Just remember that its almost christmas.

I'm a semi-good programmer and i've been able to find employment dispite the fact that i have yet to graduate from high school, so, i could give you a little advice. If you want it. Maybe. :|
Erik McClure