A More Official Proposal...

This has been discussed only twice by 3 community members, so I guessed it was the time of posting something everyone can read.

Proposing to get INF and ASW closer so that each project can benefit of the other's help. ASW makes use of well known INFR1 Ancient ships and previously unreleased assets which were sent to the ASW Team to support the project and significantly expand its modpack. Also, the presence in our teams of people who are interested on both projects should be another good reason to support the choice of getting the teams and their respective projects closer. Giving unused INF SCP Shivan ships to the ASW Team is only one of the potential benefits for ASW, and many others will follow.

The "fusion" (the process deserves a better definition, though) is supposed to be painless since it's intended to help both projects without any problems. Sharing assets and knowledge, in fact, can all but help.

I think this may be a very good idea, and I'm looking forward to FSF's opinion on the matter (I contacted ShadowGorrath a while ago, and then learned he's become the second in command). The basic agreements can be managed here on the public forum while most specific stuff may be handled in private. Woomeister will be kept up to date about the discussion. In any case, without considering the outcome of this thread, I would like to join the project to provide help and act like a "bridge" between the two teams if necessary.
Non ti curar di loro, ma guarda e passa!

President and Founder of the Official Karajorma Fan Club
(the memberlist has been lost for unknown reasons)

I don't know, really. I think of this deal as a clear way to support ASW rather than having a full-duplex pact (if you get what I mean) in which both teams are forced to support each other by trading stuff. If you're available to help INF the team would really like the idea, but don't consider yourselves forced to do that.

I think ASW and INF should get closer for several reasons - first of all, I'm an Ancient fanboy and I would like to support the project. Additionally, INFASA/INF SCP would have featured campaigns based on the Ancients if only the team had more time to focus on them.

I asked Woomeister to move the Ancient fleet from INF SCP to INFASA and then planned an INFASA campaign based on the Ancients. You know, INFASA has that "good old" feeling and giving its various nature (Sol, FSPort, etc. etc) that campaign would have been a plausible and effective addition to the whole package.

Due to time constraints and ShadowGorrath's request to get INF SCP's Ancients (which I fully approved when Woo sent me a PM about it), INF plans regarding the Ancients were cancelled in favor of the promising Ancient-Shivan War project.

In other words, I'm really interested on ASW and want to support it by making the project closer to INF. If possible, we may turn ASW into a major INFASA mod - I find it a great idea, but I don't know if it will work and/or if both teams support the idea.
Non ti curar di loro, ma guarda e passa!

President and Founder of the Official Karajorma Fan Club
(the memberlist has been lost for unknown reasons)