Mystery thread

For long we knew that there was life outside our planet. The Others lived on a planet near our own. They were strange and hideous. They were not like us. They evolved at nearly our speed. Eventually, the time had come that we could physically reach each other.

This was not a good thing. Our solar system was not big enough for the both of us. The first meeting ended in disaster. Therefore, we attacked them. We were determined to exterminate them, and they were determined to exterminate us. The very existence of our race was at stake.

The war was tough. We needed everything we could spare. We invented technologies we could never dream of. Armour that was stronger than their weapons could damage. Beams that pierced through their ships. Eventually, we won.

We hardly had the time to recover from our victory. THEY arrived out of the blue. They didn't even bother to talk. They only fired. They fired on our warships, they fired on our citizens. And so we fired back. Again, we were at war. Again, the very existence of our race was at stake.

This time, we lost.

Last edited by FSF on Sat May 30, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient-Shivan War | Hard-Light forums | FreeSpaceMods.net

I seriously hope ASW doesn't imply that the Shivans and Ancients were like twin species or something jacked like that because that would completely shatter any of my enduring interest in this project.

There is so much canon evidence to the contrary that frankly I find any notion saying this to be explosively idiotic.

If it's not saying that, then my apologies for jumping to the worst possible conclusion.

The Ancients couldn't have evolved nearby to another intelligent life form because:
For thousands of years our empire expanded. For so long we could imagine ourselves alone in the universe. For so long never did we encounter advanced life.
So if you're really that intent on contradicting canon...

(Snail's Alter-Ego: You're taking things too literally, you moron)

Err, nevermind, stupid thing to say anyway.

Mobius said on HLP that they were two warring species, but were later crushed by the Ancients. Is that right?

Snail, take a look at the HLP version of this thread and you'll find out.
Non ti curar di loro, ma guarda e passa!

President and Founder of the Official Karajorma Fan Club
(the memberlist has been lost for unknown reasons)